JOB SUMMARY: Uses advanced analytics to provide multi-dimensional analysis browser capability of selected domains. Performs statistical treatment to identify significant trends and events. Implements large/multiple development projects. Functions as lead on projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience with SQL.
Performs development, maintenance and governance of data architecture.
Implements business logic at the lowest possible level of the organization.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of the skill in application of statistical concepts to real life problems of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering products and services using the Statistical concepts without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
DATA MINING (INTERMEDIATE):- Has advised or consulted on the design and analysis of a system that has contributed in important incremental changes. Has provide powerful and easy-to-use analysis tools for business professionals in strategic planning which helps the users concentrate on business problems.
DATA MODELING (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of data modeling in practical applications of a difficult nature. Has designed logical and/or physical data models for one or more applications. Has experience in using a data modeling case tool [such as Rational Rose or Bachman]. Requires no support and direction from others when using this skill. Demonstrates the ability to view and develop an advanced model of the business and information systems from a conceptual, logical, and physical perspective. Demonstrates logical data modeling principles for normalizing logical/semantic data objects.
METADATA ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of the skill in practical applications of a difficult nature. Estimates and projects optimal staffing level based upon historical data and service levels. Can design a logical data model or object model of simple to moderate complexity. Is able to document a data model in a data dictionary or repository. Identifies redundant data objects and data items that can be re-used across applications. Identifies data transformation requirements. Can identify data gaps in data or object models and recommend appropriate changes.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.