Become the essential connection between our clients and the technologies that help them expand the size of their businesses and become more profitable. As a Sales professional at Microsoft, you’ll work closely with the sales teams that serve as the human face of our multi-billion-dollar global company. You will become a trusted counselor who inspires consumer enthusiasm and guides enterprise clients to make shrewd technology decisions that are in the best interests of their companies.
Applications to this opportunity are considered for all available Sales roles.
• MBA degree (within six months of graduation from full-time MBA studies). • Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling. • Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skill.
As an Account executive, you are the main connection point between Microsoft and our customers, including small- to mid-size businesses, enterprises, governments, and academic intuitions. You provide strategic business leadership—partnering with leaders in customers’ organizations to align their business strategies with technologies and products that can help them increase their market share and revenue.
On a daily basis, you’ll build and maintain key relationships, ensure alignment of customers’ IT and business priorities with our technical offerings, and lead and engage fellow employees—including sales, technical, consulting, support, product groups, and executives—to advance both customers’ and Microsoft’s long-term interests.
You’ll have the chance to experience all aspects of the client relationship and opportunity management. Most of all, as an Account executive you will get hands-on experience driving significant impact and build a strong foundation for larger and broader responsibilities.
Account Technology Strategist
The Account Technology Strategist (ATS) is a high profile, customer-facing role that is the primary technical face and orchestration point for customers. Candidates should have a strong, proven IT background and demonstrate familiarity with the broad range of Microsoft products and solutions. The candidate must be able to (1) build and maintain “trusted advisor” relationships with CIOs, CTOs, Enterprise Architects, and IT Directors, (2) drive adoption of Microsoft products and solutions, and (3) identify new opportunities for MS within the account.
The ATS works closely with the Account Executive, Technical Account Managers, and Solution Specialists to help define and execute territory and account strategies. You will be responsible for developing the account technology vision and strategy to support the overall business objectives for Microsoft and customers. You will lead technical resources in communicating the value of Microsoft’s products, solutions and partners to a broad range of people across multiple customers, and drive relationships with technical leaders from senior executives and down. The role includes coordinating and guiding the account team on all technology related matters. A strong leader is required to ensure Microsoft deploys its best resources, well-briefed, in front of the Customer.
Solution Sales Professional
As a Solutions sales professional, you will identify our customers’ pain points and solve them through the latest software and services solutions. You will be our customers’ trusted consultant, thoroughly evaluating the health of their IT platforms and development environments and diagnosing areas for improvement. Your solutions drive measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace—be it business, government, or academics.
You will build and maintain relationships with executive business and technical decision makers, be able to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s solutions, and develop a firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and product offerings relative to our major competitors.
Technical Solution Professional
Microsoft is proactively engaging in a transition to becoming a cloud-first, mobile-first company. As part of this transformation, our enterprise accounts, Small and Midmarket Solution Partners Teams and Microsoft Technology centers are engaging with technical counterparts for all of our product offerings. Collectively, these sellers will represent an elite team who will lead Microsoft’s transition to provide cross platform services in accounts.
• Owning delivery of Microsoft’s Mobility story to customers and securing their agreement on Enterprise agreements and services required for a given solution.
• Working with Account Managers, SSP’s, and Account Technology Strategist (ATS) during Account Planning to develop customer profiles and opportunities for enterprise customers.
• Proactively engaging with customers using non-Windows devices (Android/iOS) and winning Enterprise solutions to secure, manage, and deploy Windows apps/desktop on all non-Windows devices
• Providing technical sales leadership to ensure customer infrastructure is ‘Windows 10 ready’ by winning/deploying Azure AD, Unified Device Management (System Center Config Manager + Intune) and Information Security workloads
• Identifying and pursuing competitive opportunities within Enterprise accounts created by BYOD and Consumerization of IT to create a new Enterprise selling motion to IT Technical Decision Makers and Business Decision makers.
• Ensuring handoffs to and engagements with the appropriate resources (to key roles, such as Account Managers, Account Technical Specialists, and Services Sales Professionals at the appropriate phase of the Microsoft Solution Selling Process.
Licensing Sales Specialist
As a Licensing Sales Specialist, you will provide licensing solutions to your customers with a focus on volume licensing programs. You will work closely with regional account executives, customer purchasing, and licensing contacts to provide licensing solutions for customers.
Your role will include negotiating agreement terms and conditions, being the single point of contact for internal and external sales contracts and licensing issues, and developing pricing scenarios and cost/benefit analyses. Your licensing solutions will result in high customer satisfaction while maximizing customer revenue contribution across Microsoft product offerings.
In this role, you will develop and deliver proposals and presentations while establishing and maintaining business relationships across Microsoft and with your customers. The best practices you develop will proactively drive business standards and deal consistency across the Microsoft sales organization.
Sales Excellence Manager
Are you an analytical thinker who has great communication and cross-team collaboration skills and thrives on working with fast paced, rapidly growing, and highly accountable sales, finance and operations teams? If you are, there's no better time to join the Enterprise Partner business.
This Sales Excellence Manager role will responsible for:
• Delivering robust pipeline, forecast and revenue analytics and reporting to guide decision-making and deliver deep insight about the business. This will include building quantitative models to guide decision-making on business structure, strategy, revenue, and strategic direction; and will require effectively managing many inputs across many stakeholders with the ability to focus effort on the main drivers and simplifying when appropriate.
• Supporting the "Rhythm of the Business" by conducting month/quarter-end analyses of revenue and key performance indicators and supporting business reviews by preparing and delivering content during the reviews.
• Co-own the organizational blueprint and serving as a subject matter expert on the U.S. Enterprise organization and organizational structure - e.g. how many people are in our blue print, assigned to various standard titles, in quota carrying/non-quota carrying roles.
• Supporting the sales compensation and modeling for the U.S. Enterprise sales organization - e.g. combining knowledge of the organization relative to fiscal year growth targets to analyze and then build the optimal quota allocation models based on roles and compensation types.
Partner Sales Executive
The Partner Sales Exec (PSE) is responsible for partner identification, recruitment, development and management of Microsoft partners focused on selling software products, solutions and services into the small and mid-market marketplace. The PSE will work with a defined group of Microsoft partners to develop sales, marketing, and technical competencies for that partner organization with the objective of increasing Microsoft revenue sold or influenced by that partner organization. This individual will also execute on joint demand generation activities and provide account management to a select number of partners. This person will manage the Microsoft partner opportunity pipeline, broker partners into opportunities, and leverage marketing, field and telesales to facilitate joint engagement on key opportunities. The PSE will evangelize their partners’ capabilities by articulating partner value propositions and creating proactive engagements to develop net new opportunities. The PSE will provide support for joint customer-facing sales activities, business and marketing planning and execution.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.