1. Supervise all procedures related to student records and registration, including maintenance of all current and historical student records and course offerings
2. Ensure academic student records integrity and confidentiality
3. Processing of Academic information including change of majors, grades, and petitions
4. Participate in the completion of accreditation and regulator reports as required
5. Coordination with other departments to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Accrediting bodies
6. Oversee planning, budgeting, and personnel management of Registrar's Office staff
7. Participate in policy, procedure, and planning activities as it relates to academic affairs and admissions and document Standard Operating Procedures for the office
8. Advocate and facilitate a positive climate of change and improvement; lead and manage professional and support staff in a collaborative, integrative and efficient manner.
9. Provide guidance and training to staff to promote a student centered environment that provides caring, positive, and efficient service that is consistent, friendly, professional, timely, and accurate.
10. Maintain current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations and university policies; ensure that the Registrar's office processes meet all applicable requirements; work with assigned staff to implement institutional changes as needed to ensure compliance with existing requirements and to meet changing requirements within established guidelines.
11. Actively ensure necessary support, tools, and resources to conduct assessments of courses, programs, and student achievements
12. Direct office operations and ensure that they are conducted within existing policy and procedural guidelines and that principles of good practice are followed.
13. Work with Deans and Academic Success Coaches for scheduling and registration.
14. Evaluate transfer students for placement.
15. Complete State and National Board applications.
16. Supervise registration of students each trimester.
17. Handle certain aspects of graduation including but not limited to application for graduation, determination of honors, ordering diplomas and certificates, provide various offices with information on candidates, and sending final transcripts to state boards.
18. Primary Designated School Official for SEVIS for international students, including filling out various forms for Canadian loans, signing I-20s, preparing forms for Practical Training and updating SEVIS computer program.
19. Knowledge of Veteran’s affairs including new applications and re-certification of current students, as well as other military, and student programs, AI, GoArmy, Americorps.
20. Committee, task force, and team membership as appropriate.
21. Knowledge of National Student Clearinghouse services and ability to update and correct information.
22. All other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: experience designing, implementing, and assessing successful strategies and programs; excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; experience using technology to enhance program effectiveness; the organization and interpretation of information and experience working with diverse student populations. Ability to evaluate and assess policies and systems, facilitate change processes, lead with integrity, and hold a vision for strengthening service through the integration of best practices. Interpretation and implementation of academic policies and procedures, compliance with Institute, state, and federal regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a Registrar's Office or equivalent student records office setting is required. At least one year must be in a Registrar's Office. Master's degree highly preferred. Experience with both traditional and non-traditional student populations desired. Online delivery experience and graduate education experience strongly preferred. Experience with Student Information Systems, Knowledge and experience with Student Enrollment Reporting. Ability to demonstrate success in implementing and improving administrative processes; directing and developing department staff; providing collaborative leadership with faculty, students, and administration to implement policy with judgment and flexibility; understanding and enforcement of FERPA and other relevant federal and state policies. Knowledge and experience with Title IV and athletic compliance a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated personnel management skills to provide guidance to maintain a strong team of players. Ability to hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff, and dispense appropriate disciplinary action when necessary. Knowledge of student information systems, excellent computer and analytical skills are essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with faculty, staff and student populations as well as a collaborative, collegial, inclusive management style. Must be a positive team player and have a desire to build a strong collegial, innovative, agile, and forward thinking community. Attention to detail, reliable, timely, and accurate. A desire and comfort to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment is necessary. A person who can think outside of the box and is able to articulate new ideas. Must understand confidentiality and be a consummate professional.
Logan University is comprised of the College of Chiropractic and the College of Health Sciences and blends the perfect balance of tradition with innovation. Established in 1935, Logan College of Chiropractic is one of the largest and most respected chiropractic colleges in North America. Through the College of Health Sciences, Logan offers master’s degrees in sports science and rehabilitation, and... nutrition and human performance that are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of North Central.
Other program offerings include undergraduate coursework in an Accelerated Science Program to help students complete their basic science coursework at an accelerated pace, offered in both online and on-campus formats, and two baccalaureate degrees- A Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Life Science. Logan’s 112-acre wooded campus is located in Chesterfield, MO, a quiet residential suburb of St. Louis. Its low student-to-faculty ratio provides more personalized instruction, which is most conducive to effective learning. MSNBC has selected Logan’s campus as an editor’s pick of one of “America’s Most Beautiful College Campuses.” Logan offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees including free chiropractic care. Learn more about Logan University at www.logan.edu.