Snell & Wilmer, one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the western United States, seeks an experienced Chief Information Officer. This position will be based in Phoenix, Arizona.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in strategic and operational governance processes of the Firm.
2. Leads IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the Firm.
3. Acts as primary liaison for the Firm's technology vision via regular communications with the Firm's executives, technology committee, practice area and department heads, and end users.
4. Evaluate and optimize the Firm's security framework and ensure risk mitigation and compliance with all applicable laws and client guidelines; align IT Risk management with Firm-wide risk management.
5. Develops and maintains an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the Firm.
6. Establishes IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
7. Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources.
8. Assesses and communicates risks associated with IT investments.
9. Develops, tracks, and controls the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
10. Coordinates and facilitates consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
11. Directs development and execution of a Firm-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan as it relates to information and telecommunication systems.
12. Assesses and makes recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
13. Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry. Advises, counsels, and educates executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
14. Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
15. Supervises recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff.
Snell & Wilmer offers a competitive performance-based compensation and benefits package, including health and life insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program. Snell & Wilmer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
1. University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
2. 5+ years' experience managing and/or directing an IT operation for a multi-office organization.
3. 10+ years' experience working in IT operations.
4. Experience in strategic planning and execution.
5. Considerable knowledge of business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
6. Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
7. Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
8. Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
9. Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
10. Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
11. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
12. In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
13. Proven leadership ability & exceptional service orientation.
14. Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
15. Excellent written and oral communication skills.16. Excellent interpersonal skills.
17. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
18. Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
19. Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.