Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for the position of Financial Management Analyst. Reporting to the Treasurer, this key financial position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Serving as the Institute’s Agency Risk Management and Internal Control Standards (ARMICS) Coordinator, ensuring compliance by performing internal control reviews/assessments and developing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Restructuring Act Coordinator: researches/interprets state legislative and policy requirements, coordinates implementation across departments, monitors compliance with state management standards, and coordinates with Government Relations Team.
- Overseeing Risk Management program: provides guidance on risk management issues; conducts risk management reviews and assessments; maintains State database of vehicles and buildings; processes property and liability claims.
- Administering real property transactions to include leases, easements, sales, and purchases; maintains and calculates Post-wide square footage space utilization; performs quality control on Post-wide Facilities Room Inventory.
- Assisting with management of physical plant operating and maintenance budgets.
- Performing benchmarking studies, operations audits, staffing studies and other special projects.
- Assisting Comptroller’s Office and other departments on fiscal issues as needed.
Required qualifications: Knowledge of accounting principles and techniques such as that gained from a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; knowledge of computer systems and associated accounting/financial software packages and strong analytical skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Preferred Qualifications: CPA; governmental accounting experience, knowledge of rules of various regulatory agencies as they relate to higher education operations, services, and financial reporting, and the required forms, reports, and filings
Candidates must apply on-line.
Include a letter of interest describing aspects of your background that makes you well-suited for the position, a resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references.
On-line applications accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about VMI, please visit our Web site at http://www.vmi.edu
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.
Additional Salary Information: Starting salary will be competitive based on qualifications and experience.
Virginia Military Institute operates under the philosophy that the measure of a college lies in the quality and performance of its graduates and their contributions to society. Therefore, it is the mission of the Virginia Military Institute to produce educated, honorable men and women, prepared for the varied work of civil life, imbued with love of learning, confident in the functions and attitud...es of leadership, possessing a high sense of public service, advocates of the American democracy and free enterprise system, and ready as citizen-soldiers to defend their country in time of national peril. To accomplish this result, Virginia Military Institute shall provide to qualified young men and women undergraduate education of highest quality embracing engineering, science, and the arts conducted in and facilitated by the unique VMI system of military discipline.