Posting Summary: The University of Virginia is recruiting for a Director, Finance Transformation. Working closely with leaders across Grounds and a project team, the Director, Finance Transformation is charged with leading the planning phase of the University's Finance Transformation project.
This position will report directly to the AVP Financial Operations with an indirect reporting line to the AVP Financial Planning & Analysis.
The UVAFinance team recently adopted a vision to become the valued and trusted financial partner that the University community turns to first. The success of the Finance Transformation project is integral to achieving this vision. The Director, Finance Transformation must represent the UVAFinance core values: to be (1) an impeccable source of information and (2) a collaborative partner; to provide (3) service excellence and (4) innovative action; and to lead (5) valued, high-performing teams.
Some of the key project accountabilities are as follows:
- Project Planning: Establish and manage project planning including but not limited to the managing the discovery process, building a project plan (schedule, risks, budget), developing a business case, identifying resource needs, shepherding the initiative through the portfolio gating project, stakeholder engagement and establishing project change control and decision-making.
- Finance Service Delivery: Evaluate current state finance service delivery model and propose plan for future state finance service delivery model, inclusive of internal controls framework, chart of accounts, procurement, accounting/chart of accounts, planning and analysis, accounts receivable and payable, labor distribution and effort management.
- Finance Technology: Complete planning for the technology implementation of cloud based finance solution, including how to integrate three core finance systems and prepare finance data from multiple systems for conversion.
- Project Governance: Develop a new organization design and establish the project governance model.
- Change Management: Work with UVAFinance training and communications staff to address the change management, communication and training needs of employees who will be impacted by this project and galvanize the service culture within finance while challenging current norms/behaviors.
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $125,000-$150,000 and is commensurate upon qualifications.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at https://jobs.virginia.edu, posting #0621310.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Required Specific Degree/Training: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
Preferred Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Preferred
Preferred Specific Degree/Training: A master's degree and/or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Extensive - 7 years plus
Required Specific Experience: Candidate must have experience leading/managing a direct or indirect team(s).
Candidate must have project management experience.
Preferred Minimum Level of Experience: Extensive - 7 years plus
Preferred Specific Experience: Significant experience with higher education and/or health care finance
Workday implementation experience
Preferred License or Certification: Project Management Institute (PMI) certification (PMP, PgMP) or significant process improvement experience.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strategic Vision: A proven leader, who is decisive and successfully led large, complex projects (including significant process, technology and people readiness activities), understanding project connection to the University vision.
Commitment to action: Strong bias towards action and a high degree of initiative, balancing the need to be transparent and broadly engage the University community with a sense of urgency, accountability and commitment to completion.
Innovator: Focused on organizational excellence and solutions; anticipate issues, break down barriers and utilize a creative problem-solving approach to remedy quickly.
Communicator: An influencer, who is patient, persistent, persuasive and tactful; utilize written and verbal communications are clear, responsive, timely, and professional.
Collaborator: Establish and maintain highly collaborative and trusted working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds across Grounds; engender trust and credibility among stakeholders.
Team Builder: creates a shared vision and an environment for high performance. Work well in formal or informal teams, valuing and respecting diversity in people, opinions, and experiences.
Service excellence: Committed to achieving change across all levels of an organization by enhancing service, improving processes, adopting best practices, and eliminating non-value-added activities.
Impeccable source of information: Source of accurate, consistent, and reliable information; policy-minded focus with outstanding critical thinking and judgment skills; attention to detail.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of higher education financial administration
Required Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Founded by Thomas Jefferson, the University of Virginia opened in 1825 as the nation's first public university. A longstanding dedication to preeminence in both scholarship and teaching; top ranking in global satisfaction, collegiality and work/family issues on the COACHE survey of early career faculty; a commitment to excellence that is integrally connected with diversity and a broad array of ben...efits make the University of Virginia a prime choice for both faculty and staff. The University of Virginia is located in the small cosmopolitan city of Charlottesville near the Blue Ridge Mountains, 70 miles from Richmond and 110 miles from Washington, D.C. The University of Virginia remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2013 edition of the U.S. News and World Report rankings. In the 14 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, U.Va. has ranked either No. 1 or No. 2. U.Va. continues to rank in the Top 25 among the best of all national universities, public and private.