Overton Brooks VA Medical Center is recruiting for a full time permanentboard certified/board eligible Cardiologist (Cardiac Electrophysiology). Clinical duties will focus on arrhythmia management. The physician should demonstrate the ability to work well with a large, diverse and dedicated patient care staff.The position includes a faculty appointment at the affiliated Louisiana State University Health and Science Center commensurate with qualifications. Duties will include clinical practice, and teaching Cardiology fellows, residents and medical students.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Performs inpatient or outpatient cardiovascular consultation services.
* As with all our cardiology providers, he or she will be expected to contribute as needed to the support of general cardiology service.
* Perform standard diagnostic and interventional electrophysiology procedures temporary pacing and permanent device (Pacemakers, Loop recorders, AICD and bi-ventricular devices) implantation, direct current cardioversions, electrocardiogram interpretation, Holter monitor and ambulatory rhythm interpretation.
* Reviews physical requirements and conducts physical examination of various categories of military and civilian personnel.
* Serves as academic faculty for cardiovascular fellowship training program.
* Provides medical consultative services and chart review for quality assurance purposes or risk management.
* Perform other duties as assigned within their scope of practice.
* The physicianmust possess sufficient computer skills necessary to work with advanced electronic medical record, PACS and voice recognition systems.
* Research experience and interest desirable.
Work Schedule: Generally, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Mondayto Friday(On call as required)
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* BLS and ACLS are required.
Preferred Experience: Board certified at least once in cardiovascular disease and board certified or eligible in electrophysiology.
Applicant that qualifies for an academic appointment with LSU Health Center, Shreveport.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Placement in this position is subject to meeting the physical requirements of this position. Pre-placement medical examination is required. Moderate Lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 2-3 hours); Pushing (up to 2-3 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Walking (up to 2-3 hours); Standing (up to 6-8 hours); Kneeling (up to 2-3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 4-6 hours); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable; Far vision correctable; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Hearing (aid permitted).
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s): *Resume
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX -Occupational Questionnaire Form) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):