Maryhaven Center of Hope has been assisting children, adults and senior citizens with disabilities since being founded in 1930. As one of the largest and most innovative multi-service agencies on Long Island, we support more than 2000 individuals of all faiths who range in age from 5 to 80. With programs and services that focus on the potential of people with special needs, we are able to build confidence, improve self-esteem and encourage community integration.
The Benefits and Entitlement Specialist is responsible for securing, monitoring and maintaining optimal government entitlements for individuals receiving services at Maryhaven Center of Hope in compliance with rules set forth by Medicaid, Social Security and other regulatory agencies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that all Medicaid, Social Security and insurance benefits are obtained and maintained for those individuals who receive residential and/or day services from Maryhaven Center of Hope in accordance with Office of Persons with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Office of Mental Health (OMH) and Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) regulations
• Researching regulations and assisting in and/or preparing policy and procedures • Completing necessary documentation for new applications and recertification for Social Security, Medicaid, SNAP and HEAP
• Researching all notices of over/under payments and ensuring proper resolution
• Overseeing wages and reporting for individuals who work and have special financial arrangements
• Collaborating with staff and individuals/families as needed
• Monitoring caseload to ensure that all benefits are obtained and maintained, and working to identify/resolve any issues
• Monitoring Social Security income to ensure that proper benefit levels are achieved
• Filing appeals and fair hearings
The qualified candidate will possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Prior Entitlement or Case Management experience is required. Exceptional communication skills, excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Medicaid and Social Security benefits is expected.
A competitive remunerative package commensurate with scope of the position will be offered, along with an opportunity to join our mission-based organization. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: Eva.Tarantino@chsli.org or apply online at: