Accountable for the overall Regulatory function for Kerry in the Americas. Position will be responsible for developing and implementing an overall regulatory strategy and the subsequent policies and procedures that support the function.
Serve as the primary regulatory affairs interface and senior regulatory liaison externally with customers and internally to/with US executive leadership in order to develop both local strategies and manage product and country specific governance. Provide strong leadership/support, communications and process improvements to regulatory personnel to ensure compliance, competence and area consistency. Understands and articulates a deep country specific perspective across the Food and Beverage regulatory systems and the impact on products, markets and compound opportunities.
Anticipates the evolving regulatory environment to identify, prioritize and mitigate current and future regulatory risks. Ensures regulatory compliance while maximizing product potential (benefit/risk) in alignment with business strategies. The incumbent must translate business needs into clear regulatory strategic objectives including development of Regulatory Strategic and Tactical Plans and deliverables that are meaningful and easily understood by US commercial stakeholders.
· Ensure that all products and product labels (ingredient declarations, nutrition information, etc.), claims and marketing materials are in compliance with applicable internal guidelines, US federal and state regulations including Canada and are appropriately substantiated and documented. Identify, assess and clearly communicate to the business any regulatory risks as well as recommended actions.
· Regulatory function lead, responsible for leading the performances of regulatory operations for Kerry regionally and globally
· Lead the decision making process regarding policy setting and guidelines for the function
· Collaborate with regional peers to execute governance for the regulatory function globally
· Undertake strategic targeting of trade associations and regulatory lobbying for the region (coordinated globally) and align resources to execute against plans
· Participate in meetings/sit on boards with trade associations and regulatory organizations – responsible for promoting, defending and representing the interests of Kerry Group (e.g. influence, monitor and comment on relevant legislation, policy and other initiatives)
· Coordinate a global function approach to Kerry Groups Global customers with regional peers, i.e. align resources to global customer segmentation
· Provide recommendations the organization regarding risks and solutions involved in the regulatory field
· Ensure compliance to policies, guidelines and standards set throughout the region
· Provide regulatory interpretation and guidance to all key departments
· Supervise and coordinate all regulatory activities relating to regulatory compliance
· Advise on product variances and compliance criteria
· Develop strategic guidance for process improvement to systems and procedures that improve efficiency and effectiveness of providing business regulatory support
· Ensure that regulatory submissions meet the applicable standards and content requirements
· Foster and maintain cooperative relationships with regulatory authorities to facilitate interactions on behalf of the company
· Provide regulatory guidance
· Provide strategic input to executive management and marketing
· Ensure alignment of regulatory strategy to business strategy across all functional areas
· Identify risk areas and develop alternative courses of action, including anticipation of regulators responses through scenario planning and development of contingency plans
· Guide and influence technical groups in areas of product development, labelling and claims
· Act as primary contact with the regulatory authorities for product portfolio including the planning and leadership of meetings
· Oversee tasks relate to maintaining files
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
· Experience and knowledge of the relevant current requirements of FDA required
· Good interpersonal skills’ ability to interact with staff on all levels
· Project management experience required, demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks; to work simultaneously on multiple projects; according to timelines
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Toxicology, Chemistry or related discipline
Master’s degree or Ph.D. highly preferred
Minimum 10+ years of experience in the industry, preferably having experience with regulations governing food products
Experience in ingredients and flavor food manufacturing a plus
Demonstrated track record of successful timely regulatory approvals
Good understanding of safety and contaminants issues
Superb attention to detail and accuracy essential
Ability to effectively interpret compliance regulations
Ability to proactively identify, communicate and help address emerging regulatory issues impacting the business
Expert technical, regulatory and problem-solving skills, including knowledge of US and global regulatory requirements and submission processes
Understanding of food and beverage regulation legislative landscape and latest customer/consumer trends
Excellent and proven presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills
We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lea...d the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward.
Kerry is a $7.5B company with world headquarters in Ireland and 40+ manufacturing facilities and 4,500 employees in North America.
How is Kerry different?
We’re progressive and innovative with an eye for an opportunity, unafraid of change and constantly seeking better ways of doing things. We’re confident that our first 40 years are only the start of greater things to come for Kerry and all of our stakeholders.