To be considered for this position and begin the application process, please complete the form at this site.
CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 7 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
The mission of the Professional Practice Team is to ensure that the level of pharmacy practice exhibited by our retail pharmacy teams meets or exceeds the standards and expectations set by government regulators, payers, business partners, and most importantly - our patients. The Professional Practice Analytics Internship resides within the Professional Practice Analytics group in Retail Pharmacy. Our analytics team utilizes big data on a daily basis to forensically identify potential cases of fraud, anomalous patterns, and concerning prescribing habits.
The candidate selected for this position will be a contributor in the development and production of complex analytics and reporting suites that will inform critical decisions affecting the retail pharmacy business. The day-to-day experience of the role will vary, but will primarily include:
* Developing and maintaining data models which monitor controlled substance prescribing and dispensing.
* Developing metrics, dashboards, and/or presentations for field teams and senior leadership.
* Developing hypotheses and conducting analyses of complex issues related to stores, prescribers, and patients.
The cornerstone project for this role will consist of using chain-wide pharmacy data to create impactful models that will highlight patterns of controlled substance prescribing.
This position requires strong exploratory data analysis skills and the ability to structure analyses of complex problems that may not be fully defined. In addition to the cornerstone project, the selected candidate will have an abundance of additional opportunities to enhance their critical thinking and analytical skills that will highlight the vital role analytics plays within retail pharmacy.
*Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
* Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to understand business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success.
* Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization.
* High-Level Learning Capability: Must be able to learn and adapt to new environments, tools, and processes efficiently, and apply new knowledge to provide business insights in an effective manner.
* Initiative: Ability to think creatively and be a self-starter with limited guidance.
* Ability to handle multiple projects at once and re-prioritize as needed to meet deadlines.
* Major in statistics, computer science, economics, mathematics, or another STEM a plus
* Data experience with SAS, SQL, Tableau, Excel, or other analytical tools
* High level of independent judgment and initiative
* Experience creating presentations for projects and/or studies and providing overviews for groups of colleagues and leadership
* Candidates must be enrolled in a graduate degree program and expected to graduate by summer of 2018, preferably with prior professional experience with a Fortune 500 company.
About CVS Health Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.We’re reinventing pharmacy to have a more active, supportive role in each person’s unique health experience and in the greater health care environment—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions to providing quality walk-in medica...l care and pharmacy benefits management.Because we’re present in so many moments, in ways that are more affordable and effective, we’re able to positively influence health behavior and shape the future of health care for people, businesses and communities. Health is everything.CVS Health offers a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our four business areas – retail pharmacies, walk-in medical clinics, pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) and expanding specialty pharmacy services. Whether you work in one of our retail stores or our distribution centers, are a pharmacist or pharmacy technician, work as a corporate professional, or are a nurse in one of our clinics, we seek out and reward your fresh ideas, new perspectives, and the unique contributions you will make to the company.Visit www.jobs.cvshealth.com to learn more about CVS Health jobs and apply online.