1. Manage the Department of Campus Safety, which is a 24/7/365 operation. Develop and implement an overall campus safety plan and generate the goals, objectives, and timelines to accomplish the plan.
2. Recruit, select, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate campus safety personnel, including students and professionals. Direct the professional and student staff in accomplishing the mission and goals of the department, the division, and the College. Develop a team that is positive, responsive, prepared, and professional.
3. Represent North Central College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, faculty, staff, and the entire community we serve. Foster excellent working relationships and interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and guests. Facilitate strong working relationships with the Naperville Police Department, the Naperville Fire Department and other emergency personnel/leadership for the city of Naperville.
4. Provide leadership for the College's Crisis Task Force. Assist in regular fire inspections, emergency drills (fire, severe weather), crisis planning, table-top training exercises, and other educational programs as necessary.
5. Report crime statistics as required by Federal, State, and local government entities in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and other laws. Compose additional compliance reports necessary by law. Keep abreast of current legislation concerning higher education and campus safety and ensure campus compliance with all legal requirements.
6. Perform, direct, or oversee the investigation of all campus accidents, injuries, student handbook violations, Title IX investigations, and crimes while maintaining privacy/confidentiality for all parties, as appropriate. Keep a daily log of campus crime for inspections and provide incident reports/investigative reports to parties with a
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For information about the College, please visit the website at https://www.northcentralcollege.edu.