The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for a faculty position within the Clinical Simulation Labs to join the Department of Partnerships, Professional Education, and Practice.UMSON enrolls more than 1,800 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 7th among all schools of nursing in the nation. It is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law and is becoming one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
Primary Responsibilities:The following describes position responsibilities within the context of the Clinical Simulation Lab.
TEACHING 1. The candidate will provide clinical nursing instruction using simulation to both entry-level and graduate level nursing students.
2. Iterative collaboration with faculty members of various nursing programs within the school and amongst the simulation education team is an essential role of this applicant.
3. Collaborative efforts include planning, implementing, evaluating, and improving simulation educational experiences for student learning as well as faculty development.
4. The selected individual will participate in interprofessional activities incorporating simulation as an educational strategy.
5. Participate in faculty governance.
6. Maintain an active program of scholarship.
7. Provide service to the school, university, and profession.
8.Participate in practice area (as applicable)
Master's degree in nursing required; doctoral degree in nursing or a related field highly preferred
Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is the State's public health, law and human services university devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. As a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and using state-of-the-art technological support, we educate leaders in health care delivery, biomedical science, globa...l health, social work and the law. We emphasize interdisciplinary education and research in an atmosphere that explicitly values civility, diversity, collaboration, teamwork and accountability. By conducting internationally recognized research to cure disease and to improve the health, social functioning and just treatment of the people we serve, we foster economic development in the City, State, and nation. We are committed to ensuring that the knowledge we generate provides maximum benefit to society and directly enhances our various communities.