As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website, click here.
Please note that this position has been reposted. If you have already submitted your application, you need not submit it again, as it has already been received.
The University of Washington Tacoma is a growing, urban-serving university that is deeply invested in its local communities. As one of three campuses of a world-class university, UW Tacoma is dedicated to interdisciplinary and innovative teaching and scholarship and to engaging the community in mutually beneficial partnerships. UW Tacoma's commitment to diversity is central to an environment where students, staff, faculty and South Sound residents find abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth.
The Milgard School of Business has an outstanding opportunity for a Program Coordinator.
This position exists to support two centers of the Milgard School of Business: The Center for Business Analytics (CBA) and The Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility (CLSR).
The CBA exists to support the academic mission and philosophy of the Milgard School of Business and University of Washington Tacoma through applied research rooted in analytics and design thinking that enables successful innovation, and committed to excellent education, rigorous and actionable research, and strong and ongoing commitment to community, State of Washington, North West and Nation. The mission is to foster collaborative inquiry, to conduct integrative, multi-disciplinary, transformative research and development, and to co-create and disseminate knowledge that will improve the quality of decision making and management processes for successful innovations.
The Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility works to develop socially responsible leaders who build sustainable organizations and communities by building connections between stakeholders for mutual benefit, extending knowledge of corporate leadership and social responsibility across business disciplines, and promoting the understanding of a broad range of topics such as leadership, social responsibility, corporate governance, corporate citizenship, ethics and sustainability. The Center engages in activities that are geared toward higher education, scholarship and community engagement with a special focus on activities that engage multiple stakeholder groups.
This position has significant student-facing and business community-facing components that has a significant impact on how the two Centers and the Milgard School are experienced by both constituencies. It provides critical support to carry off the signature programs of CLSR that are both student-facing and business/community-facing. The person in this position updates and communicates policies and procedures to work smoothly with other programs and the administrative units of the Milgard School of Business. This position is mission-critical to the Center being able to continue with the programs and services that have brought the Milgard School regional, national, and international recognition in the Corporate Responsibility world. This position requires good written and verbal communications skills with a wide variety of stakeholders including students, faculty, and the business community.
Position's duties include:
- Event and program marketing, both internal and external to the University, including development and management of email marketing services (Constant Contact), development of social media marketing campaigns, development of print marketing materials. Coordinate strategies and tactics for outreach; communicate with staff & faculty regarding best practices and opportunities for collaboration. Coordinate marketing and outreach for academic conference; recruit teams to participate in our invitational case competition and other events.
- Event planning, support, and execution including venue reservations and planning, budget tracking, vendor bids, participant reservations and payment tracking, sponsor solicitation and follow-up, day-of-event management and event execution, speaker and participant planning and communications, and other event support.
- Event and budget tracking for both centers including obtaining vendor bids and executing vendor contracts, fiscal tracking, and budget reconciliation. Serve as resource for best practices on social media and financial management. Represent UWT's financial interests in negotiations with vendors; provide feedback on services rendered.
- Project management, including ensuring that all projects are completed on time and on budget, and ensuring that planning for events and projects is on track. Oversee student employee's progress on assigned tasks; manage faculty grants.
- Planning and coordinating CLSR's and CBA's marketing & social media: writing, editing, laying out artwork, distributing to media, and making presentations in the community on CLSR/CBA initiatives. Communicate regarding CLSR/CBA events' and programs' status and goals; serve as resource for best practices on social media.
- Represent CLSR/CBA at meetings with community organizations and businesses; advise program participants on continuing education credit opportunities.
- Web content development, writing and management, including maintenance of center websites, content development, and social media management.
- Advise on topics of course options related to Corporate Responsibility Minor, professionalism, job searches; Advise Net Impact (student organization).
- Administrative and clerical support, including scheduling, calendaring, and preparing the details for meetings and events for both Centers.
- Supervise student assistants.
High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience supporting events and communications OR equivalent education/experience.
Additional Requirements: Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work independently; strong interpersonal skills.
Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, communications, education, or related field.
Four years administrative/project experience.
4+ years of project management experience, including knowledge of project life cycles.
4+ years of experience with web content development and writing and content management systems, specifically Drupal.
Proven experience performing editing and desktop publishing activities in an education and/or business environment.
Knowledge of and connections to the regional community.
Familiarity within an academic environment (e.g. prior professional experience working in or providing services to an educational organization).
Knowledge of UW systems.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check
Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select Apply to this position. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your My Jobs page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergra...duate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.