Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Government and Military
The Norfolk-Hampton Field Office Lead and Navy BD manager is responsible for leading the local BD Team, representing Raytheon to the local community and identifying new opportunities within the Navy and Marine Corps Fleet customer base in the Norfolk-Hampton area. Provides direct support to Raytheon business capture teams and managing business development processes and resources in the Norfolk-Hampton, VA region. Supports the Navy Field Office Team, US Business Development leadership, and provides direct liaison between Raytheon’s businesses and all levels of NAVY leadership and staffs in the Norfolk-Hampton area.
A key component to success for this position is comprehensive internal and external customer interaction within the Fleet Commander’s and Type Commander’s Staffs, operational commands and Strike Fighter Wings Staff at NAS Oceana, Operational Commands at Naval Station Norfolk, industry partners and Raytheon businesses. This position will require multi-site business development coordination and full knowledge of the Navy and Marine Corps products and services.
Responsibilities Include: - Lead Norfolk-Hampton Field Office Business Development team
- Serve as the Senior Raytheon Representative to various Naval commands, local community and Raytheon business leadership
- Work with business and government counterparts in developing materiel solutions for future Navy requirements; establish and grow working relationships with industry partners, military customers and other agencies
- Support trade show and professional conferences to help educate customers on Raytheon's capabilities and articulate the customer's requirements to Raytheon.
- Provide support as the enterprise Navy Business Development representative to the Norfolk-Hampton area customers
- Communicate Navy Warfighter policies, initiatives and requirements to Raytheon leaders
- Support Raytheon’s business proposal activities
- Be the “Face of Raytheon” to local community, competitors, partners and other local organizations. Understand and represent customer needs and gaps to senior Raytheon leadership and “shape” requirements and strategy.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of customer-critical activities in the Norfolk-Hampton area; collect and communicate information as appropriate with enterprise
- Actively participate with the businesses in gate reviews, color teams and strategic planning
- Perform competitive/market assessments, business planning for marketing proposals and support other proposal teams as needed
- Identify new business opportunities; support businesses in pursuing lateral opportunities and support current programs that are critical to the company
- Support/manage executive contact plans
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: - Leadership experience as a military officer, government civilian or industry professional – preferably in an Operational or Business Development role
- Working knowledge of USN/USMC Platforms, missions, and systems
- 12 years progressive experience working with military customers (preferably USN/USMC)– while serving with the government or industry equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including the ability to present and articulate complex technical issues to senior internal and external customers
- Strategic thinking – experience conducting market assessments and assisting in the preparation of business plans, including planning for marketing proposals
- Team player who is eager to pitch in on emerging requirements and identify new business opportunities
- Knowledge of the DoD processes for requirements development/approval, developing material solutions, budgeting and acquisition
- U.S. Citizenship is required as this position needs a U.S. active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree (engineering or science preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience in a Program Management role in Defense industry
- Experience with the DoD Requirements/Acquisition/Budget/ Congressional processes at Headquarters level or Major Command
- Master’s degree in business or engineering discipline a plus
- Knowledge of Raytheon organization, capabilities and programs
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration,Â C5Iâ„¢ products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than... 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.