International Studies Program Coordinator and Study Abroad Administrator - Careers At Grand View University
General Purpose of Job:
1) To provide program coordination for the general responsibilities in the area of international studies. 2) To administer the study abroad programs and support incoming and outbound students.
Essential Functions of Job:
Recruit GV students for participation in study abroad; assist students with Study Abroad possibilities, application, and other arrangements.
Be point person and resident resource for all exchange agreements and for students participating in the exchanges.
Manage the proposal and approval process for all study-away trips.
Assist faculty in creating high-quality short and long-term study away opportunities.
Serve as member of the faculty governance committee related to international studies.
Conduct pre-departure orientations and collect paperwork on all travelers with focused attention on issues that minimize GV risk.
Assist in creating, scheduling and administering of short-term international group visits; collaborate with CPAL regarding short-term ELL summer camps and other learning opportunities for international students.
Develop and maintain online outreach for International Studies, linking with typical US and international networks as well as using key social media both in the US and in target areas abroad.
Assist in orientating and advising outgoing study abroad students and incoming exchange students.
Assist with planning and administering campus events such as Global Vision Week and study abroad fairs.
Assist with select college fairs and other recruitment activities of international students and domestic targeted multicultural students.
Other tasks as determined by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in international studies, student affairs, or a related field
2. Fluency in one or more foreign language (preferably Chinese or Japanese)
3. Experience studying abroad
4. Experience in study abroad or an international studies office at a US university
5. Familiarity with best practices in study abroad through professional association membership.
1. Ability to multi-task
2. Travel around campus to space available to conduct various programs and services
3. Requires eye-hand coordination, dexterity and a normal range of hearing and vision
Typical hours are Mon-Fri 8:15-4:30 during the academic year and 8:00-4:00 during the summer.
Interested candidates should apply via our online application process and include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Grand View is a Liberal Arts University that supports a diverse student population of approximately 2200 full and part-time students in both undergraduate and graduate programs. A University of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Grand View was founded in 1896 and is located in Des Moines, Iowa. Des Moines offers exceptional facilities for the enjoyment of lectures, concerts, museums, sp...orting events, and other cultural opportunities. Grand View welcomes traditional students and adult learners representing a wide range of religious and cultural backgrounds.