Responsible for administering the policies and procedures of Miami University's student conduct system. The associate director is charged with resolving student conduct issues involving undergraduate, graduate, professional students and student organizations on all campuses of Miami University. This position will adjudicate alleged violations of the student code of conduct, maintain a judicial data base and oversee the reporting of federal crime data and all statistical reports of university judicial actions. The associate director will assist in the coordination of judicial training for residence hall staff, university conduct boards, and administrative hearing officers. This position works closely with students, faculty, staff, administrators, Miami University Police and surrounding police agencies.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the university student conduct system including; serving as the primary contact for residential student conduct matters; assist with off-campus conduct matters, including study abroad programs and all campuses of Miami University; respond to inquiries from parents, faculty, and staff regarding conduct matters; assist in the development of administrative protocols and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and mandates, including Clery, Title IX and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA); monitor sanction compliance for approximately 1,600 cases annually.
- Work collaboratively to create and present educational programs, including online programs and programs designed to increase community awareness of and adherence to university policies; design and facilitate training for students, faculty, staff and conduct board members.
- Assist in the supervision of classified and unclassified staff, graduate and practicum students, and student employees.
- Serve as an Administrative Hearing Officer for violations of the student code of conduct.
- Assist with the selection, training and advisement of all conduct hearing boards; provide administrative support to conduct boards; process student discipline information requests by internal and external officials.
- Responsible for all departmental public relations materials including the department website, various brochures and the editing and publishing of the Code of Student Conduct.
- Assist in the creation and assessment of annual learning outcomes and program goals; prepare and distribute various monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports.
- Serve on various committees at the divisional and/or university level such as the Student Affairs Assessment Committee.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as dictated by student needs, divisional and organizational priorities.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy,race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
Masters degree in College Student Personnel or related field; - 3-5 years of progressive experience in Student Affairs/Student Life; - Excellent administrative and organizational skills
“Miami University, a student-centered public university founded in 1809, has built its success through an unwavering commitment to liberal arts undergraduate education, with complementary quality graduate programs, and the active engagement of its students in both curricular and co-curricular life. With a student body of 16,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs w...ith faculty who love to teach and the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions. Faculty and staff are highly valued for their contributions toward the Miami experience. Employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and stable work environment as they work to support the university’s educational mission.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles northwest of Cincinnati, with regional campuses located in Hamilton and Middletown, Ohio, and a center in Luxembourg. Known as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, Miami, the nation's tenth oldest public university, is recognized for its striking red brick Georgian-style architecture and tree-shaded lawns. Take a Virtual Tour from our website.”