The incumbents will be responsible for providing sound fundamental technique and skills, proper preparation for competition and lessons in safety and sportsmanship in a fun, team-spirited environment.
- Lead a practice prepared by a full time coach
- Coaching children ages 6-18 in life skills and in swimming
- A daily commitment to working on swimmer technique with a positive outlook and energy
- Leading a dryland/stretching/mobility practice prepared by the full time coach
- Assisting in bringing out and putting away swimming equipment
- Assisting in meet set up and tear down when the Makos host a meet
- Providing feedback to the full time coach’s to the team mood and practice effectiveness
- Serve as a role model for children and teens
- Understand and act out emergency action procedure for Miami University Aquatic Center
- Have a thorough knowledge of the rules and procedures of Miami University Aquatic Center
- Be dependable, alert and able to interact with people of all ages in a positive manner
- Serve as a representative of the Recreational Sports Center and its mission
OEEO Statement:The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy,race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
CPR/AED/First Aid Certified/or complete within 30 days of hiring
Competitive swimming experience
Be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (25 during summer) including week nights and weekends for the full length of the swim season
Available over summer and winter break
Knowledgeable in competitive stroke techniques, drills, and able to diagnose technical flaws in the strokes
Complete all USA coaching requirements within the first 30 days of employment
Complete annual Miami University blood borne pathogens training
“Miami University, a student-centered public university founded in 1809, has built its success through an unwavering commitment to liberal arts undergraduate education, with complementary quality graduate programs, and the active engagement of its students in both curricular and co-curricular life. With a student body of 16,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs w...ith faculty who love to teach and the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions. Faculty and staff are highly valued for their contributions toward the Miami experience. Employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and stable work environment as they work to support the university’s educational mission.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles northwest of Cincinnati, with regional campuses located in Hamilton and Middletown, Ohio, and a center in Luxembourg. Known as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, Miami, the nation's tenth oldest public university, is recognized for its striking red brick Georgian-style architecture and tree-shaded lawns. Take a Virtual Tour from our website.”