The Service Science Discipline is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to the position of Lecturer. This position is required to effectively teach units within the Discipline and drive research and industry projects. The position offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to develop their academic career in a dynamic and topical discipline with strong connections with industry and government.
This position will contribute to high-quality research in the area of enterprise systems supporting complex businesses with distributed organisational structures, diverse business partnerships and large sets of business services.
Key capabilities will include enterprise systems design, systems architecture analysis (e.g. process, service or software analysis), empirical research methods including qualitative and quantitative techniques, data analytics and machine-learning.
The research will apply to existing areas of discipline strength in domains such as banking, government and health, involving high-profile industry partners, and key digital transformation endeavours. In addition, it should foster emerging applications in the discipline exploiting digital services involving contemporary technology areas such as the Internet of Things, Mobile applications and Cloud computing.
The role will also contribute to digital transformation of Service Science Discipline units and assist in delivering online education based on the Discipline’s needs.
1. Completion of a doctoral qualification in information technology or similar discipline.
2. Proven track record of high quality research as evidenced by publications in high quality journals and conferences, with capability to grow an independent research profile that includes the capability to attract research funding and demonstrate research leadership.
3. Demonstrated ability to cooperate and collaborate well with others.
4. Demonstrated experience in developing innovative teaching material and proven track record of exceptional teaching.
5. Evidence of enterprise systems design research based on service, process or software architecture methods and techniques.
6. Evidence of research skills for verifying enterprise systems design using empirical research methods, data analytics or machine-learning techniques.
Additional Salary Information: The classification for this position is Academic Level B (LEVB) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD108,796 to $AUD 129,209 pa. Which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD91,934 to $AUD109,183 pa,17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading.
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real-world focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six years.
We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they'll ne...ed in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students and we place a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
Our internationally award-winning Science and Engineering Centre is home to The Cube, acknowledged as one of the world’s largest digital interactive learning and display spaces. We established the world's first Creative Industries Faculty, and we invest heavily in collaborative learning and interdisciplinary research environments.