The Service Science Discipline is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer. This position is required to teach effectively units within the Discipline and drive research and industry projects. The position offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to develop their academic career in a dynamic and topical discipline with strong connections with industry and government.
This position will contribute to high-quality research in the area of collaborative information systems supported through digital platforms and involving diverse business partners, online communities and crowd sourcing. Key capabilities will include business innovation, service and community design, platform development, experimental design, empirical research methods including qualitative and quantitative techniques, and data analytics (e.g. social network analysis). The research will apply to existing areas of discipline strength in domains such as banking, government service delivery and education, involving high-profile industry partners, and key digital transformation endeavours. In addition, it should foster emerging applications in the discipline exploiting digital services involving contemporary technology segments such as the Internet of Things, Cloud computing, micro-services and spatial systems.
The role will also contribute to digital transformation of Service Science Discipline units and assist in delivering online education based on the Discipline’s needs.
1. Completion of a doctoral qualification in information technology or similar discipline.
2. Proven track record of high quality research as evidenced by publications in high quality journals and conferences, with capability to grow an independent research profile that includes the capability to attract research funding and demonstrate research leadership.
3. Demonstrated ability to cooperate and collaborate well with others.
4. Demonstrated experience in developing innovative teaching material and proven track record of exceptional teaching.
5. Demonstrated experience of systems analysis and design methods/techniques with collaborative information systems (e.g. conceptual modelling, pattern-based analysis).
6. Demonstrated experience with formal and empirical methods for validating systems innovation and design (e.g. qualitative and quantities data gathering methods, data analytics, systems behaviour models).
In addition to the selection criteria for level B the following selection criteria apply for level C:
1. Proven ability to attract competitive external research income.
2. Evidence of successful involvement in HDR supervision.
3. Evidence of having applied relevant research with successful outcomes in a number of different domains in industry.
Additional Salary Information: The classification for this position is:
• Academic Level B (Lecturer) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD108,796 to $AUD129,209pa. Which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD91,934 to $AUD109,183pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading;
• Academic Level C (Senior Lecturer) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD 133,282 to $AUD153,702pa. Which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD112,625 to $AUD129,880pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading.
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real-world focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six years.
We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they'll ne...ed in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students and we place a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
Our internationally award-winning Science and Engineering Centre is home to The Cube, acknowledged as one of the world’s largest digital interactive learning and display spaces. We established the world's first Creative Industries Faculty, and we invest heavily in collaborative learning and interdisciplinary research environments.