How can companies to succeed in ever-evolving landscapes where emerging technology and changing
customer needs are disrupting whole industries? Join IBM Digital Strategy to be a part of the solution to
IBM is at the forefront of digital strategy with differentiating capabilities in innovation design, big data and
cognitive computing, all of which allows IBM to deliver high-impact and robust client recommendations.
These capabilities equip the team to provide user-centric, innovative and feasible strategies that go
beyond formulas and frameworks.
IBM is rapidly growing a diverse team of highly motivated, talented consultants. Led by a senior team of
partners with decades of experience at top consulting firms, IBM Digital Strategy will provide you with the
opportunity to work side by side with CXOs and senior executives across industries. Our diverse team
and geographic footprint provides learning and development opportunities for top talent, helping you at
every stage of your career – at IBM and beyond.
This is our vision for the future of digital -- our belief in the rise of you -- this is: You to the power of IBM.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Consultant At IBM?
• Mental curiosity to question, research, and structure advanced and creative problem solving
• Robust and deep analytical skill set to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and share/incorporate feedback
• Passion to learn and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
• Desire to take ambiguous problems, and deliver creative and well-structured solutions
• Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to
expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
• Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere with direct working relationships with IBM executives and experienced talent
• Possess required education (MBA)
• Experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environments
• 2+ years of experience in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating
model design, performance management
• Experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches (e.g. prototyping) to problem-solving and strategy formulation
• Authorized to work in the US
• 3+ years of experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environments across Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Telecom, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Travel & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Chemicals & Petroleum, or Electronics
What will you do as an IBM GBS Senior Strategy Consultant?
You’ll join a team of highly motivated colleagues with experience working at top consulting firms, startups,
corporate strategy functions, and venture capital teams. As a senior strategy consultant, you will begin to
develop specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies and manage
complex components of an engagement. You will work closely with clients to understand their (and their
customers’) issues, create strategic recommendations to drive change in a digitally-enabled era, secure
buy-in for the recommendations, and collaborate with fellow IBMers to help reinvent tomorrow’s
businesses and industries. Depending on your exposure and expertise you’ll successfully help clients
•Provide perspectives and solutions to rapidly develop, launch, and grow transformational products, platforms, new businesses, and strategic partnerships with and for clients
•Research the client organization and industry value chains via modern and digitally-enabled approaches to structured and unstructured data analysis and insight generation that go beyond traditional methods of interviewing, focus groups, or market studies
•Draw from primary and existing IBM research on evolving market trends to help clients explore the art of the possible based on market and competitive positioning (e.g., rise of the Fintechs, digital marketplaces, Internet of Things – IOT – enabled analytics, API economy)
•Identify and analyze opportunities and obstacles clients face in global and increasingly competitive markets, developing new business models to bring to life ideas, increase efficiencies and profitability for existing offerings, or determine optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services
•Identify issues, create hypotheses, and execute analysis, developing decision-ready recommendations to inform the strategic agenda for our clients
•Inform and enable clients to pivot to action, developing practical roadmaps and plans to invest in,
allocate resources, execute, and manage strategic recommendations
In addition to submitting your resume through the NBMBAA/PROSPANICA process, you also
need to submit your resume and online profile through our employment web site at www.ibm.com/start to
Job #104610BR. This formal application process is a requirement to be considered an official candidate for
a position at IBM. All resumes submitted to www.ibm.com/start are active for a period of six months.
IBM’s Employment Policy
IBM’s intent is to hire the best-qualified candidate for job opportunities within IBM, regardless of race, color,
genetics, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and military status.
However, applicant eligibility for employment-authorized immigration status, temporary or permanent, will
be considered. Any subsequent sponsorship for permanent residence is at the sole discretion of IBM
management and is based on job performance, contribution, and business requirements. IBM is
committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.