What Corporate/Securities Attorney contributes to Cardinal Health
Corporate and Securities is responsible for providing Legal advice, counsel and services in the areas of corporate, securities, corporate governance, executive compensation, finance and credit activities and administrative services in the area of corporate governance.
• Provide general legal support to corporate governance, corporate securities, and mergers and acquisitions legal teams
• Provide legal support on a wide variety of domestic and international financial, treasury and corporate matters for Cardinal Health’s domestic and international subsidiaries, including: intercompany loans, restructurings and other transactions, credit facilities, account agreements, guarantees and other day-to-day Treasury related agreements, subsidiary stockholder and board resolutions, powers of attorney and certifications
• Coordinate and oversee Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting, including completion of ESG surveys for Legal, Quality and Regulatory, and Compliance groups, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) conflict minerals reporting, political contributions reporting, and UK Modern Slavery Act reporting
• Support mergers and acquisitions legal team, including coordination and review of confidentiality agreements, disclosure schedules, transaction closings and post-closing matters
• Identify and assess corporate governance legal risks and recommend courses of action to senior in-house counsel
• Provide legal support on commercial contracts and other general corporate matters
• Juris Doctorate degree
• License to practice law in Ohio or active bar license in another state.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
• Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
• May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
• Works on complex projects of large scope
• Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
• Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
• Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
• May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Additional Job Description:
• J.D. with a record of high academic achievement in the undergraduate level and in law school
• At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to engender trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels of the company and work collaboratively
• Ability to research, analyze, problem-solve and project manage
• Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling the Counsel to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and Excel software
Apply today at www.cardinalhealth.com/careers and type in job number 20021121 in the “Job Number” search field.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Care is everywhere, and so is Cardinal Health. Our healthcare solutions across the continuum of care help providers work more efficiently, patients live healthier, and healthcare systems work smarter. That's essential.