JOB SUMMARY: Provides direction and strategy on Employee Relations (ER) initiatives and investigates individual employee relations cases under occasional guidance. Collaborates with Human Resources (HR) partners and leaders to resolve ER cases while maintaining close coordination with colleagues internal and external to HR. Provides guidance and facilitates the accommodation process.
Investigates high, medium and low priority employee relations cases and provides recommendations to resolve issue.
Identifies areas of concern with HR partners and leaders on employee relations issues and recommends solutions.
Recommends best practices with practical implementation strategies and educates leaders on employee relations matters.
Provides guidance in union strategy.
Develops and maintains organizational policies and procedures.
Ensures consistent employee relations approach and policy application across the organization through the HR partners.
Manages accommodation request process and consults with departments to determine appropriate accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Participates in the review and analysis of human resource processes and procedures. Makes recommendations for process improvements and systems enhancements to better address customer needs and improve customer service.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
INVESTIGATING:- The act of conducting an inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities and research of inquiring into something thoroughly and systematically, knowledge and experience of the procedures and practices of accomplishing a specific investigation.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS KNOWLEDGE:- Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, unions and Employee Relations.
HR COMPLIANCE:- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
HUMAN RESOURCES:- Knowledge of various components of human resources which may include human resources management, the recruitment process, skills development and tracking, benefits administration, training, compensation, organizational development, and compliance with associated government regulations.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS:- The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.