This position reports to the Director of Contracts for the fast paced and very dynamic M109 Artillery Product Line. The successful candidate shall be accountable for leading a team of contract professionals of diverse experience levels in the preparation, negotiation, and management of complex proposals and/or contract activities in accordance with company policies, and customer requirements across domestic and possibly international environments with limited guidance or supervision from the Director. The successful candidate will need to interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to program team and management. This position requires an extensive knowledge of government contracting methods and applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be accountable for a high number of multifaceted contracts and be responsible for building and maintaining dependable, quality relationships with internal and external customers in support of the M109 business objectives.
1. Complete and comprehensive knowledge and working understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR and other government regulations.
2. Independently lead and/or support proposal activities including, but not limited to, analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based upon the analysis with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all required proposal team meetings, supporting independent proposal reviews (red teams, phase reviews), assisting with the preparation of terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposal for adequacy and consistency and assuring that bids and proposals are prepared and presented in a manner so as to afford the Company the greatest opportunity to obtain the contract award while minimizing associated liabilities and risk.
3. Capable of establishing and managing negotiation strategies and financial requirements. Perform business risk assessment and recommend mitigation plans, negotiate contracts requiring a high degree of negotiation expertise, execute proposals and contracts.
4. Ensure the creation and preservation of contractual arrangements which offer the Company a reasonable probability of accomplishing the established business objectives for any particular contractual arrangement.
5. Prepare contract summaries, and provide management with complete, current and accurate data by reporting progress on contract activity, together with recommendations for management action and decision.
6. Foster and maintain sound and reliable relationships with counterparts in customer organizations.
7. Guide, direct and evaluate the activities of Contract personnel involved in bid and proposal efforts, and the negotiation and management of contracts to assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
8. Support Program managers, Product Line Directors, and Business Area leads and provide contracts advice and counsel to LOB and Company management at all levels as required. Regularly contribute to the development and implementation of new business methods, processes and contracting concepts in order to achieve business unit and Contracts Department goals and objectives.
Bachelor Degree with 15 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 10 years of experience.
In addition to the items listed above, the Essential Functions are: 1. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties identified above. 2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; 3. Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers; 4. Uses computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents; 5. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations; 6. Develops and demonstrates research and presentation skills.
BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 83,000 employees worldwide. The Company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Based in Arlington, Virginia, and led by President and CEO Jerry DeMuro, the BAE Systems..., Inc. subsidiary continues to build on its position as one of the largest and most geographically diverse defense, aerospace, and security companies. The company has a proud history of providing the best products and services to U.S. and allied armed forces.
Incorporated in Delaware, Inc. operates under a Special Security Agreement that enables the company to conduct business with the U.S. Department of Defense as an American company. It holds more than 2,100 U.S. and foreign patents across numerous technology domains.
BAE Systems, Inc. comprises an Enterprise Shared Services segment and three business sectors:
Intelligence & Security
Platforms & Services