Union Level: Department: President Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301155P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: May be required to work irregular hours and travel extensively to meet business needs. Position End Date: Open Date: 09/18/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Established in 1851, University of the Pacific, the oldest chartered school in the state of California, is seeking a full time Assistant Director of Admission. The Assistant Director of Admission reports to the Associate Director of Recruitment and is responsible for meeting the undergraduate enrollment and tuition revenue goals of the University of the Pacific. Through the use of professional judgment and nationally recognized best practices, the Assistant Director of Admission is responsible for representing and marketing Pacific to a wide audience at high schools and college fairs. The Assistant Director must establish a strategic marketing plan within assigned territories to enroll an academically talented and diverse student population.
Essential Functions: 1. Recruits students in an assigned territory by determining the appropriate travel schedules and marketing initiatives to drive enrollment goals. This includes, but is not limited to, making high school and community college visits and attending college fairs and large scale university expositions to gather leads. Projecting a professional image of the University through written and verbal communication is essential. During any year, Assistant Directors are traveling 8-10 weeks during the fall, 2-4 weeks in the spring and 1-2 weeks during the summer to recruit students.
2. Uses professional initiative to develop an original marketing plan for assigned territories. This includes developing unique and different strategies to meet enrollment goals as territories vary in need and requirements of the marketplace. Establishes long lasting relationships with counseling professionals, parents, alumni and faculty.
3. Speaks and presents to wide and varying audiences (students, parents, counselors, school administrators, coaches and alumni) to drive applications to the University. Presents both on and off campus and delivers a compelling case for enrollment at Pacific in both an individual and group settings. While attending high volume expositions such as college fairs or on campus recruitment events, the Assistant Director must quickly articulate positive attributes of the University to determine whether potential applicants may be a good fit for the University.
4. Evaluates applications for admission and scholarship determination. This includes reviewing the academic coursework of the student in high school or community colleges and determining if the academic record shows progress for achievement at Pacific. Evaluates standardized test scores, read essays and letters of recommendation to render a holistic admission decision based on professional judgment. During peak periods it is expected that the Assistant Director of Admission will evaluate 40-60 files per day and be an active member of the admission committee.
5. Possesses the flexibility and wherewithal to operate in several databases at one time. This includes, but is not limited to, using Salesforce, Visit Days and Banner. Must be able to navigate the systems to provide a high level of customer service to the public. Must understand the parameters for running ones own reports to monitor goal progress and be able to use the data to make decisions in recruitment territory management.
6. Contacts potential students via telephone and email during and after normal business hours. Must respond to the requests for information to help students make the best decision about whether to attend at Pacific.
7. Plans, organizes and executes a variety of on campus and off campus events. This includes planning from the inception, invitation preparation, messaging to potential students and families and running of the actual event.
8. Works cooperatively with faculty to understand the needs of the academic departments in marketing the University to potential students, parents, and counselors. Must understand the 80 plus majors the University offers and whether a student fits the academic profile for potential acceptance to a particular major and the University in general.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelors degree Three (3) years related experience
Preferred Qualifications: Proficiency in electronic communication, i.e., word processing, spreadsheets and other commonly used software such as Microsoft Office. Must be highly organized with exceptional time management skills and be able to work independently. Experience using Salesforce and Banner. Bilingual
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. May be required to work irregular hours and travel extensively to meet business needs.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu