Under the direction of the Chair, the Assistant to the Chair for Editorial Duties and Special Events coordinates and implements managerial, editorial and production tasks.
1. Editorial Activities: This function finds its incumbent providing a full array of editorial services related to Mechanical Engineering. By way of illustration and not limitation, this function:
- Compiles, reviews, edits, formats and revises text for publications. Edits publications, presentations and other written material for grammar and content.
-Updates and creates new web pages for the MIE Department including photos and links using NJIT Drupal software.
-Update MIE Assignment sheets with passwords on the AFS account and upload to the MIE website.
- Performs editorial administrative duties, solicits authors and artistic works; prepares and coordinates publications agreements; prepares soft and hard copy of materials; sends completed articles to contractors, publishers, reviewers and other interested parties
- Acts as liaison between university recognized personnel who serve in the capacity of "Editor", other NJIT departments, academic institutions, companies, government agencies and other entities as required. Maintains list of contributors and authors.
- Utilizes Banner system to monitor expenses and enter purchase orders for professor start up accounts, grants, and student organizations such as SAE and the Robotics Club. Tracks shipping bills and other invoices.
- Coordinates publicity, distribution efforts, special mailings and related activities as requested by the Chair. Contacts media for special events related to the articles and journals.
- Coordinates and participates in special functions, such as Open House, NCE Career Day, NJIT Experience Day, etc., symposiums, conferences and seminars. Assists in the advertisement of such events via various media including department and university websites, social media outreach, etc. Oversees printing and copying of special event brochures and creation of conference web site. Assists in the organization of conferences.
Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum of three years of editorial, project coordination or related experience is required.
Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet and data base software (Microsoft Office required).
At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.