Position: Director - Asset Backed & Real Estate Finance
Location: Doha, Qatar
Department: Global Structured Finance
Job Purpose Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for initiation, preparation, processing and execution of
Global Structured Finance transactions for the Group's Private, Corporate and Institutional
(including government) clientele and thereby facilitating growth and expansion of the
Corporate Banking business.
He / she will act as the Transaction Officer who will be primarily responsible to ensure timely
and proper execution of Global Structured Finance transactions assigned to him/ her by the
Head of Asset Backed & Real Estate Finance. He / she will also be responsible for
undertaking special tasks and assignments given by the Head of Asset Backed & Real Estate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
A. Shareholder & Financial:
- Proactively participate in the formulation and implementation of strategies, business plans
and budgets of the Unit in line with overall objectives of the bank.
- Support the Head of Asset Backed & Real Estate Finance in the development of Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the purpose of performance monitoring and quality
measurement of the Global Structured Finance Unit and monitor Unit's achievements on
- Meet the Unit's target budget and achieve all volume, revenue, and profit targets for
Global Structured Finance related transactions in accordance with the overall
corporate banking budget and strategy.
- Supports credit related decision making process by ensuring availability of sound and
quality information/ analysis necessary for accurate credit risk assessment and mitigation.
- Observes and promotes cost consciousness and efficiency, and enhance productivity, to
minimize costs, avoid wastes, and optimize benefits for the Bank.
- Manage all aspects of assigned transactions and products to maximize product potential
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Primarily responsible for collection, analysis and storage of relevant business, financial
and operational information on the Unit's borrowers, transactions and bank counterparties
and correspondents as required by KYC and other bank and regulatory policies and
- Conducts proactive gathering, analysis and reporting of market and business information
(current market conditions and trends, competitor actions, customer preferences as well
as other market and industry developments) through regularly interaction with key market
participants (banks, major corporations, government entities) to collect general market
intelligence and obtain feedback on the bank's position and stature in the local, regional and
international markets. Ensures that relevant information obtained is provided to the
concerned parties in the Bank for necessary action if any.
- Initiates, maintains and deepens relationships with banks, financial institutions, project
sponsors and other market players who are active in Asset Backed & Real Estate
Finance in order to ensure the bank is well positioned to identify future business
opportunities, benefit from business potential and meet business objectives related to
Global Structured Finance activities.
- Continually keep abreast with the local, regional and international financial markets and
economic environment to be informed about potential projects that could translate into
possible business opportunities for the group.
- University graduate with High Scholastic Achievements. - Major in Law, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Marketing required. - MBA preferred but not required - At least 7 years of relevant experience in a corporate banking industry or related fields. - Well-informed of the market dynamics and competitive structure, industry environment, practices and rules and regulations for the corporate banking customer segment.