The Office of the Corporate Chief Information Officer (OCCIO) is seeking senior-level strategic partners to join the approximately 4,400-member Information & Information Technology (I+IT) organization working to support the Ontario Public Service (OPS) of the future. The innovative work being developed, supported and delivered by I+IT to the members of the OPS and the citizens of Ontario is exciting, modern and is delivering on the strategic objectives of the Ontario government.
The role of the Senior Program Lead will be instrumental in enabling the I+IT organization and its people to prepare for and manage the ever-changing I+IT landscape through the development of strategic programs and initiatives. The role is responsible for developing integrated programming and strategies that focus on: • building internal capacity by supporting the development and enhancement of emerging skillsets required by I+IT professionals in the short- and long-terms; • developing talent acquisition strategies and building robust talent pipelines that facilitate thoughtful talent and succession management within the organization; • identifying, developing and deploying future leaders and developing continued professional development opportunities for existing leadership; and, • ensuring learning and training opportunities are designed to bridge skill gaps and enable staff to work effectively in an agile and digital environment.
If you are a highly motivated strategic thinker, thrive in an environment of change, can lead projects to resolve complex issues, and are able to partner with clients to develop and implement organizational strategies and programs that drive business results, then consider this opportunity with the Training, Outreach and Reporting Unit with the OCCIO!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide consultative, advisory and project management services to management on current and anticipated organizational needs and lead programs/initiatives that support the achievement of I+IT business objectives - Identify and analyse complex organizational issues, conduct needs and skills gap analysis to identify options and risks, and play an integral role in the development and implementation of strategic, innovative solutions that challenge the status quo - Develop, coordinate and lead learning, leadership and organizational development programs for I+IT staff, clients, and business partners - Build strong relationships with business partners, clients, and external vendors to identify and resolve organizational needs
How do I qualify?
- You have in-depth knowledge of adult education principles, learning theories and staff development to identify and assess employee learning practices and methods and recommend appropriate strategies. - You have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of strategic HR management issues and talent-related initiatives and their impact on organizational performance and business effectiveness. - You have knowledge and experience with learning and development, workforce planning, and talent development strategies to support a high performing organization.
Consultation and Relationship Building Skills
- You have expert relationship management, consultation, influencing and coaching skills to build strong relationships with clients, business partners, and stakeholders. - You have verbal communication skills to negotiate agreements with external vendors, prepare recommendations, deliver presentations and facilitate solutions-oriented discussions. - You have excellent written communication skills to prepare reports, recommendations, briefing materials, presentation decks and project plans.
Leadership and Project Management Skills
- You have proven skills in leadership of multi-disciplinary teams in complex program evaluation, business improvement initiatives, and providing strategic/business advice and guidance to senior management. - You have strong project management skills to coordinate and oversee various projects and manage related issues. - You are agile with a proactive approach to adapting to shifting business needs.
Analytical and Evaluation Skills
- You have a proven ability to develop strategic responses, options and solutions through the application of critical thinking and problem-solving skills while constructively challenging the status quo and considering innovative solutions to meet business needs. - You have research, planning and analytical skills to develop strategic plans, anticipate opportunities, foresee and resolve potential areas of conflict, and measure/evaluate the effectiveness of programming.
Financial and Procurement Knowledge
- You have demonstrated knowledge of procurement policies and processes to manage and coordinate contract management activities such as requests for services and statements of work. - You have proven financial management knowledge to develop budgets and report on financial status of projects and programs.
Salary Range: $69,496 - $102,408 per year
1 Permanent, 77 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 77 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 111806, by Friday, October 13, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.