Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at www.ncsu.edu/hr/job_applicants/reasons.
Department: 180101 - College Of Textiles-dean's Off
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The Leader for Career Services will be responsible for the following:
1. Manage the Associate Director of Student Services, Recruitment & Diversity, to include to staff recruiters and collaborate with the College of Textiles Student Life Center (SLC) in all programs and activities.
2. Provide leadership and student mentorship to enhance the overall educational experiences of students through development of, exposure to, and participation in programs and activities that improve student development, professional and educational goals and enable future leaders of society. These activities could be academic, social, recreational, cultural and multicultural. Programs could pertain to developing leadership, civic engagement, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
3. Lead our new students with a great start to their careers at NC State College of Textiles through an informative and enjoyable new student orientation process.
4. Provide a strategic leadership in career services for all students of the College of Textiles and alumni including the following:
a. Nurture and build new relationships with industry, government agencies and all those who could potentially hire our students for summer internships or as permanent hires, b. Build career fairs, job forums and other events that provide opportunities for interaction of our students with these organizations, c. Lead industry events focused on providing our students with an appreciation of professional life after graduation, d. Organize and manage the College's industry interviewing process with particular focus on providing varied and high quality career opportunities for our students while meeting the needs of those hiring our students to a very high level of satisfaction, e. Mentor students with resume and cover letter writing skills, f. Deliver interviewing skills workshops, g. Manage the Lifetime Career Services.
5. Provide regular communication with all students to keep them informed of upcoming events including educational and career opportunities. 6. Nurture relationships with alumni, in partnership with strategies developed by the North Carolina Textile Foundation, as it assists career placement for our students including attending athletics events and trade shows where possible. 7. Visit with student interns during the summer via Skype and in person at company locations as time and resources allow. 8. Administer the scholarship process in cooperation with the Associate Director of Student Services, Recruitment & Diversity.
Travel will be needed on a limited basis.
Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor's degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience.
Prior experience having designed and managed career fairs, job forums, and other related events to provide opportunities for potential employment.
Prior experience coaching candidates and/or students with resume and cover letter writing skills.
Working experience with interview skill workshops.
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00006066
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. We began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, we’re a preeminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles, and v...eterinary medicine.NC State students, faculty, and staff take challenges in hand and work with industry, government, and nonprofit partners to solve them. Our 9,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits, and academia to change our world for the better.NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors, help farmers confront climate change, and build a new American manufacturing sector. Our award-winning Centennial Campus is home to more than 70 public and private partners — as well as the innovative Hunt Library, which Time magazine has dubbed “the library of the future.”More than 125 years after its creation, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day, our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning and discovery available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.