· Support U.S. Government and Aerospace & Defense Contracts (FAR 15 and FAR 12), as well as other commercial contracts as assigned
· Accountable for projects or programs on a multi-functional or global basis including all facets of contract formation and review, contract negotiation, contract management, and contract closeout.
· Work requires developing solutions, precedents, and/or policies
· Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in critical risks and liabilities to the company.
· Receives assignments in the form of objectives and sets goals to achieve objectives
· Interacts regularly with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
· Maintains positive relationships with key internal and external customers who have a significant impact on the success of the organization
· Acts as an advisor to the department Director and provides guidance to more junior department members.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Pre-contract formation
· Participate in proposal terms reviews where customer agreements or terms and conditions are not yet negotiated
· Prepare MOUs, teaming agreements, and strategic alliance agreements as requested
- Contract formation
· Negotiate highly complex agreements and large global customer contracts (with values often exceeding $100M) as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including representatives from Business Development and Sales, Finance, Legal and various Global Customer Units, with very little direction from the department Director.
· Evaluate risks associated with contract terms and provide management with contractual risk analysis.
· Review and draft Non-Disclosure Agreements and other miscellaneous agreements (i.e. Bailment Agreement)
·Prepare new contract summaries and training packages
· Train stakeholders on new contract terms, conditions, and opportunities for cost recoveries
- Contract management
· Draft and process contractual amendments and schedules· Reduce company risk through sound advice and guidance to various stakeholders.
· Advise stakeholders of impact of FAR, DFARS, and other U.S. Government regulations related to specific contracts
· With SCM Legal Director, advise SCM of government flow down requirements and interpretation and impact of said terms and conditions on suppliers and provide guidance on complex supplier agreements·
· Solve and mitigate issues regarding risk, profit, contractual provisions, client expectations, etc.
·Identifies stakeholders and ensure all relevant interests are represented.
· Makes decisions with respect to balancing the need to be customer-responsive with that of protecting the company's interests.· Liaisons with legal counsel and senior management. Interprets legal advice and provides advisory and educational support to all participants in the contract process.
- Contract review
· Lead and participate in Contract Performance Reviews (CPRs) with Celestica stakeholders to ensure compliance with contract terms and to identify any Celestica or customer gaps to such terms
- Contract closeout
· Takes proper action to close out the contract in accordance with applicable FAR regulations and Celestica procedures upon contract termination/expiration.
Operate within the following guidelines:
o Company Code of Business Conduct
o Company Policies and Procedures
o Process improvement efforts to improve speed and quality of contract formation and management processes without compromising compliance.
o Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with external and internal clients about contractual issues.
· Excellent writing and communication skills, as well as significant experience and knowledge of legal concepts, contract development, and negotiation practices.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to evaluate and prioritize often-divergent interests.
· Ability to work independently with little input from the department Director.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, leadership and initiative with results in dynamic environments
· Advanced ability to independently draft high complexity contractual documents.
· Ability to anticipate common patterns of negotiation and advise internal clients accordingly
· Thorough knowledge of the U.S. Government Procurement Rules and Regulations including, but not limited to, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR);;Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), FAA regulations; Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); and Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA).
· Eleven to Fourteen years of applicable experience
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience. Educational Requirements may vary by geography
· Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations.
U.S. Government Security Clearance
· Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is preferred.
Celestica is a $6 billion publically traded company with 28 global locations and 26,000 employees. It is a provider of high-reliability supply chain solutions and contract manufacturing services in the following market segments: Aerospace and Defense (A&D); Smart Energy; Industrial; HealthTech; Semiconductor Capital Equipment; Enterprise and Cloud Solutions; Communications; and Consumer.
Celest...ica’s A&D segment serves some of the world’s leading aerospace & defense companies, including many OEMs and prime contractors. We operate on a significant scale, with annual revenues exceeding $600 million in this space. Celestica provides seamless integration of circuit card assemblies, box builds, maintenance, and repair and overhaul services. We manufacture systems and assemblies found on almost every commercial aircraft in the air today.
Celestica maintains several state-of-the-art A&D centers of excellence in the Americas, Europe & Asia. We have completed thousands of AS9100 A&D product transfers and have a proven track record in supply chain transformation, materials research, technology qualification, reliability testing, ruggedization, specialized labs and failure analysis.