London & Capital opened its doors in 1986, five weeks after the deregulation of the London financial markets on October 27th 1986 – known as 'Big Bang'. The new environment allowed for a new type of wealth manager: We helped pioneer an approach where wealth managers worked directly with investors, with their aims and goals in mind, rather than one where middle-men took a chunk of investor returns.
This is a role that requires an individual who has a strong financial regulation background and understands the importance of accuracy and detail. The individual will also need to be an effective communicator that can instil a sense of team spirit and togetherness.
Ideally, this would suit a process driven candidate who is ready to take the next step in their career path by taking on a wider role and lead a large team.
In brief, the role is:
· Ensure Client Portfolios deliver against stated investment objectives.
· Ensure Client Portfolio Managers structure portfolios in accordance with risk profiles and current asset allocation policy
· To lead and manage a team of Portfolio Managers
· Agree SLA with Sales Teams
· Liaising with Trade support and Dealing desk to ensure best execution
· Work closely with other areas of the business – Compliance, Risk and Governance
Oversea FX hedging and Corporate Actions
· Strong Portfolio Compliance Background
· Significant relevant industry experience
· Proven ability to communicate effectively
· Experience in leading a team
· Familiar with Current Financial Regulations including the FSA Handbook, TCF rules, Market Conduct, Money Laundering, Training and Competence, MiFID II etc.