Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges. We are expanding our team and are looking for subject-matter experts and functional specialists in key areas.
GCS is immediately seeking a Contracts Coordinator's/Admin to support our client located in McLean, Virginia for a 4-6 plus months
Salary is based on experience: $55,000k - $68,000k (*hourly/W2) depending on experience and skills.
To assist the Federal Contracts Management Group in processing and drafting various contractual documents, maintaining compliant contract and subcontract files, maintaining logs, acting as a backup to client opportunity monitoring, and other tasks as assigned.
Primary duties and responsibilities
• Maintain compliant contract and subcontract files
• Perform contract-close functions with good attention to detail
• Maintain NDA, TA, and subcontract database and files
• Draft and coordinate the execution of NDAs, TAs and subcontracts (by examples & templates)
• Perform past performance reviews
• Assist with contract compliance reviews and audits as eeded
• Assist with impromptu contract and subcontract data calls as needed
• Monitor client websites for client needs (e.g., FBO, Input, GSA and other client websites), as backup.
• Other duties as required for compliance with the Federal Practice Guide and firm Risk Management policies and procedures
Qualifications: The skills, abilities, specific knowledge, education and minimum experience necessary to perform this job.
* 1-2 plus years of working knowledge of federal contracts and subcontract management and compliance exp. is highly desired;
* strong inter-personal, organization, communication and analytical skills; the ability to exercise independent judgment when needed;
* and heavily skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g., MSW, Excel, etc.)
* Working knowledge of the FAR and agency procurement supplements is a plus!!
NOTE: Must be a US Citizen
•B.A. or B.S. is preferred
GCS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges. We are expanding our team and are looking for subject-...matter experts and functional specialists in key areas.
GCS is currently seeking a Mid Level Procurement Specialist w/ Healthcare Commodities experience, to support our client in Washington D.C. in a temp-to-hire role.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the management of procurement requisitions for health-related products, ensuring that procurement policies and operating procedures are followed in the purchasing of quality assured commodities to target timescales at a competitive price. Responsibilities include market research, preparation and issuance of RFP’s, tenders, purchase orders and negotiations and administration of awards, with a focus on Public Health in developing countries. He/she will act as mentor and procurement knowledge expert to improve overall staff level of performance.
The Procurement Specialist works under the direction of the Procurement Manager for the project.
• Manage the procurement process for a portfolio of developing countries, including international procurement and tendering.
• Facilitate the management of relationships with major suppliers for timely performance of the procurement process in the acquisition of quality assured commodities.
• Work under the direction of the Procurement Manager in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase order and major framework agreements with vendors.
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager on product specifications and other product quality issues, and to ensure that all commodities procured under this contract meet the appropriate USG or Global Fund standards for quality, efficacy and safety or other such appropriate standards.
• Works closely with Supply Delivery Coordinator to ensure products get delivered in accordance with PO terms and conditions.
• Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures. May assist in developing or modifying standard operating procedures.
• Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner.
• Work in a multi-cultural and multi-language environment to conduct international procurement activities.
• Identify issues with day-to-day procurement process and proactively resolve them and/or communicating them to management in a timely manner, as needed.
• Procure health laboratory goods and equipment in compliance with donor regulations, end user requirements, and appropriate procedures and standards of ethical procurement.
• As applicable, ensure that tendering, procurement, and contract management is open and transparent, in compliance with USAID & FAR regulations, and international best practice.
• Mentor and train junior staff to bring the overall level of performance up for the entire staff.
• Monitor systems and trends to assure work is accurate and staff is maintaining work flow and accuracy.
• Clarify specifications with client/technical specialists to fully understand requirement.
• Identify sources to meet specification using international sources.
• Ensure all commodities meet quality standards and pass GF/USG/FDA tests of Quality, Efficacy and Safety.
• Adhere to the ‘request for waiver’ process as necessary.
• Contribute to Registration database, appraise supplier performance and manage the relationship with suppliers.
• Lead supplier performance evaluations and reviews to improve overall supplier performance.
• Prepare and issue tender documents.
• Manage the Bid evaluation process by evaluating tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with terms and conditions.
• Make recommendation and confirm order with the client as appropriate.
• Negotiate price reductions with suppliers where appropriate.
• Review the initial work of bid preparation by junior procurement staff and assist as necessary.
• Resolve bid challenges in accordance with the Standard Operation Procedures.
• Conduct contract administration and management.
• Prepare contract/purchase order.
• Liaise with supplier and Shipping and Delivery Coordinator as necessary to ensure timely collection from suppliers, shipping and delivery.
• Review supplier invoices to ensure expeditious payment.
• Resolve post contract complaints and issues.
• Mentor other buyers in contracts development and execution.
• Maintain a positive on-going relationship with the client and all stakeholders, keeping them informed, responding to needs and developing solutions.
• Liaise with clients and vendors as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
• Professional procurement qualification highly desirable.
• 4-6 years related procurement experience and 2 plus years of Healthcare Commodities exp.
• Extensive knowledge of USG procurement regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired.
• Excellent communication and project management skills.
• Fluency in English is required; bilingual or multilingual ability preferred.
• Legal ability to work in the United States is required.
• Notable related work experience in the procurement of goods and services within a USG contractor environment.
• Prior experience designing and preparing USAID or similar donor solicitations and proposals.
• Demonstrated work history conducting contract administration and associated management duties.
• Related experience procuring medical commodities, health goods, and/or pharmaceuticals using USAID /US Federal Acquisition Regulations preferred.
• Experience working in multi-cultural teams along with proven ability to successfully motivate and mentor colleagues.
• Overseas work experience is a plus!
• Prior project management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of procuring goods for developing countries desired.
• Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being determined and thorough, which is inherent in this position.
GCS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.