We have an immediate opening for a Full time Occupational Therapist in our Home Health Department at Susan B. Allen. Hours are Monday through Friday. Sign-On Bonus (2-year employment agreement required).RequiresBachelor's degree or Master's degree from accredited and approved school and maintain current registration in the State of Kansas. Provide occupational therapy treatment to all qualifying clients. Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to rehabilitate physical or psychosocial dysfunction according to physician orders. Diligently demonstrates SBAMH's Standards of Behavior when interacting with patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, students, and the community
1. Performs initial evaluation and periodic re-evaluation of clients.
2. Designs treatment programs, establishes the occupational therapy care plan based on evaluative findings.
3. Administers treatments to clients based on the plan of care and under the orders of a physician.
4. Provides education as necessary to the patient, caregivers and others in the home. Prepares all written documentation for home use by the client/caregiver in order to meet the goals of the care plan.
5. Maintains and encourages open and ongoing communication with physicians, disciplines, co-workers and peer organizations regarding client care.
6. Ensures that all care for client is coordinated with physicians, agency personnel, other hospital personnel and community resources so to maximize care and services.
7. Provides services in manner to contribute to client meeting goals.
8. Interprets results and treatment goals to client, physician, caregivers, and other disciplines involved in care for client. Provides services in manner to contribute to client meeting goals.
9. Maintains and ensures that all documentation is present on the client clinical record, according to department policy and procedures.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of all departmental policies and procedures, maintains that skills necessary to execute them. Complies with all hospital policies and procedures.
11. Maintains adequate knowledge of the regulations governing Medicare/Medicaid Home Health Services and reimbursement guidelines in order to make accurate decisions regarding covered client services.
12. Maintains adequate knowledge of standards put forth by the JACHO in order to ensure on going accreditation by the agency.
13. Files accurate record of charges/mileage for all clients on a weekly basis.
14. Provides a positive working environment for all co-workers, colleagues, and visitors to the department through two-way communication, good listening techniques and consideration of differing opinions or difficult situations.
15. Maintains confidentiality of all client information, as well as employee and departmental information.
16. Supervises supporting personnel: Home Health Aides and certified occupational therapy assistants as appropriate and set forth in agency policy and procedures.
17. Participates in clinical record audits per Director requests.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Salary Information: Along with an excellent starting salary, we offer competitive benefits including health, dental and life insurance, liberal paid time off, 401(k) plan, reduced cost YMCA membership and more.
In the late 1920's, the community of El Dorado recognized the need for a modern hospital. Frank S. Allen, a prominent businessman in the community, contributed land and $100,000 for a hospital named in honor of his mother, Susan B. Allen.
In the spirit of community pride and care, the balance of the funds needed to build and equip the hospital was contributed by local citizens. The hospital ope...ned its doors on September 19, 1931. In 1934, the F.S. Allen School of Nursing began educating and training nurses, which continued until 1961.
Throughout the years, a number of additions have taken place, making the facility unique in the range of services offered for its size. In recent years, the Hospital has made significant investments to upgrade patient rooms (to all private rooms) and technology. Health care, however advanced, is intensely personal. Susan B. Allen surrounds you with a sense of warmth and care that can only be found close to home.
Today, Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit, general acute-care medical facility, licensed for 74 beds, including Medical/Surgical and Skilled Care, SBA Family Birth Center, SBA Dialysis Center, and the SBA Cancer Center. The Emergency Department provides 24/7 emergency medicine and physician coverage, and is a stroke-ready facility. With over 400 staff members, established, and live up to the reputation of providing personal care from healthcare professionals you trust.
The medical staff which cares for El Dorado and the surrounding areas is a tight-knit medical community providing patients and visitors with easy access between physician offices and Hospital facilities and services. Medical staff specialties include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Medical and Radiation Oncology, Neurology, Radiology, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Otolaryngology (ENT), Dermatology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Emergency Medicine, Urology, Pediatrics, and Ophthalmology.
Susan B. Allen is governed by a local board of citizens, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.