Location: University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro
Site Location: University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro
Position Type: Full Time
Functional Department: Performance Improvement / Risk / Infection Control
Princeton HealthCare System is a leading provider of healthcare services. As a respected nonprofit, community teaching system, we offer compassionate care supported by advanced technologies and an outstanding medical staff. Over 97% of our physicians have achieved board certification, the hallmark of professional excellence. Through our academic and clinical affiliations with institutions including The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, we are setting new standards in diagnostic and treatment protocols and achieving successful clinical outcomes for our patients. Princeton Healt hCare System is Redefining Care through our commitment to delivering an exceptional level of clinical care and individualized caring for each and every patient.
Princeton HealthCare System is currently searching for a Full Time, Days, Director, Patient Safety/Patient Safety Officer/Risk Managementat the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro, Performance Improvement Department.
Position Summary: Serves as the Patient Safety Officer and is responsible for directing and coordinating the development, implementation and maintenance of patient safety initiatives which include the Joint Commission Patient Safety Goals and Universal Protocol, Sentinel Event Alerts, Crew Resource Management and effective patient safety initiatives in accordance with state, federal and regulatory requirements, as well as, voluntary programs such as, the Leapfrog Group, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement ( IHI ), and the National Quality Forum (NQF). Ensures thorough and credible root cause analyses and in-depth analyses of sentinel events or near misses with follow up actions, and ensures monitoring by assigned clusters, committees and medical staff departments. Responsible for organizational risk management program. This position wil report to our Chief Quality Officer/VP.
All PHCS employees are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Master’s degree
- RN licensed to practice in New Jersey
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive healthcare experience
- Proven leadership experience, preferably at the Director Level; project management skills and experience; ability to devise, test, and deliver materials
- Proven project management, analytical, presentation, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum three (3) years of acute-care nursing experience
- Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Previous experience in Quality or Performance Improvement
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, and flexibility
- Crew Resource Management Experience
Join Princeton HealthCare System family and be a part of Redefining Care in our community!
Princeton HealthCare System is a qualified employer under the rules of the Government Public Service Loan Forgiveness program & an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Princeton HealthCare System is proud to be among the most comprehensive healthcare systems in New Jersey. Our full continuum of care includes acute care hospital services, behavioral healthcare, acute rehabilitation, skilled nursing, home care, hospice care, ambulatory surgery, and fitness and wellness services.