Actively engage in prospecting, selling, production, and delivery of fee-based financial planning services to new and existing affluent and High Net Worth (HNW) ($15+ million) BB&T clients (e.g. business owners, corporate executives, and other professionals).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Market fee-based financial planning services to affluent prospects using established procedures, methods, and practices.
Recognize financial planning and product implementation opportunities and communicate these to the client and appropriate
Wealth team members during the planning process.
2. Prioritize and manage workload based on established goals for completion of planning engagements. Communicate status of work by utilizing the Wealth Financial Planning (WFP) Workflow Report.
3. Lead specialty platforms and special projects designed to improve the overall tactical and strategic planning group objectives or specific market segment (e.g. – estate and gift tax planning, business planning), and timely report conclusions, updates, and progress back to WFP management.
4. Make suggestions to WFP management for changes and/or enhancements to assure quality service and timely delivery of WFP services.
5. Exercise strong understanding of the WFP process and how it relates to, is implemented, and is explained to the Wealth service platform, as well as supporting internal documents. Proactively explain WFP processes, procedures, and products to Wealth team members.
6. Be a subject matter expert (SME) for BB&T Wealth in a specific knowledge area related to financial planning (e.g., estate and gift tax planning, business planning).
7. Work on advanced financial plans for affluent clients (usually $15+ million) and develop actionable planning recommendations. Maintain a current level of knowledge in area of expertise to bring the most sophisticated planning solutions to BB&T Wealth.
8. Mentor and teach specific area of expertise and communicate subject matter updates to other WM Strategists on a regular basis in order to increase abilities and knowledge.
9. Ensure that the Financial Planning process and workflow are being followed in order to provide the proper advice to planning clients. This includes all necessary internal and client meetings with Wealth team members and other BB&T Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) partners.
10. Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on personal financial issues, regulations, investment philosophies, and planning techniques. Then, through designated software, work with Financial Planning Analyst to identify gaps/shortfalls in client’s goals and objectives and provide proper advice and potential solutions.
11. Display ability to interact and explain complicated financial planning issues as well as creating and delivering planning recommendations with both clients in excess of $15 million net worth and Wealth team members. Utilizing the Recommendations Letter, communicate appropriate next steps in addressing objectives and concerns from the financial plan.
12. Attend and participate in weekly Wealth Team sales meetings as well as established WFP teleconferences, meetings, and activities.
13. Create strong working relationships with attorneys, accountants, and other advisors in specialized line of business to assure quality administration and increased business opportunity. Represent BB&T in civic, community, government, banking and professional groups.
14. Utilize client relationship management software to record financial plan sale dates, proper crediting for implementation of products, planning activity, and delivery of financial plans.
15. Maintain organized, efficient client files with minimal excess information; properly dispose of outdated paper-based and electronic-based information.
16. Preserve the confidential nature of client’s personal financial data and obtain and share data according to BB&T policies, guidelines, and ethics requirements.
17. Comply with WFP policies and procedures as well as related bank, regulatory, and legal guidelines/requirements to ensure compliance with appropriate audit standards.
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in financial services-related discipline such as Business, Accounting, Trust Management, Banking or Finance, or equivalent education and related experience
2. Ten years of professional work experience with demonstrated superior competency in area(s) of concentration of which at least seven years is specifically in the financial planning arena
3. Strong technical knowledge of issues relating to financial planning including income tax, investments, debt management, retirement planning, employee benefits, stock options, insurance, and estate planning
4. Strong communication and relationship skills
5. Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation
6. Proven experience with group facilitation, presentations, and public speaking
7. Experience in marketing and selling fee-based financial planning services.
8. Strong written, verbal, problem solving, and analytical skills
9. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
10. Proven ability to lead projects and special financial planning lines of businesses
11. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
12. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in Business, Financial Services, Accounting, Law, or other related discipline
BB&T is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with approximately $210 billion in assets and market capitalization of approximately $31.3 billion, as of August 17, 2015. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company operates 2,149 financial centers in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers a full range of consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset man...agement, mortgage and insurance products and services. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T is consistently recognized for outstanding client satisfaction by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Greenwich Associates and others. BB&T has also been named one of the World’s Strongest Banks by Bloomberg Markets Magazine, one of the top three in the U.S. and in the top 15 globally. More information about BB&T and its full line of products and services is available at BBT.com. BB&T's operating strategy distinguishes it from other financial holding companies. BB&T's banking subsidiaries are organized as a group of community banks, each with a regional president, which allows decisions to be made locally, close to the client. This also makes BB&T's client service more responsive, reliable and empathetic.Since 1989, BB&T has completed the acquisition of more than 63 community banks and thrifts, more than 95 insurance agencies, and 37 non-bank financial services companies. This acquisition strategy has contributed significantly to BB&T's success.