CPA - Certified Public Accountant, CFF - Certified in Financial Forensics, CITP - Certified Information Technology Professional
Bachelors or equivalent
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Assistant Vice President & Assistant General Auditor
This position assists the General Auditor in directing all internal audit activities for the Bank, oversees risk assessment activities and audit coverage, and provides administrative oversight for the department.
- Assists in the development and Develops and clearly communication ofes the department’s goals and objectives. Determines key targets and milestones and documents progress on a quarterly scorecard.
- Encourages and rewards strong performance, innovative ideas, and appropriate risk taking to influence the effectiveness and efficiency of department operations.
- Develops and executes an annual audit program using the risk assessment methodology approved by the Ssystem-level Conference of General Auditors e Conference of General Auditors (COGA) and ensures that business areas receive the appropriate level of audit attention in terms of scope and frequency of coverage.
- Ensures that audit work is conducted in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and that auditors comply with IIA’s Code of Ethics.
- Develops an annual budget that is sufficient to carry out an effective audit program. Ensures sufficient staffing levels with the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience to execute an effective audit program.
- Oversees the department training program to ensure that staff is provided appropriate development and training opportunities.
- Investigates and reports on irregularities, including risk events, fraud and other matters.
- Oversees the development of presentations and reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Makes periodic presentations to the Audit Committee on department performance and annual audit program.
- Manages internal and external relationships. Communicates and facilitates coordination with internal audit clients, the Board of Governors’ Division of Reserve Bank Operations and Payment Services, our external auditor, the Conference of General Auditors, and other audit entities.
- May lead, Leads and serves as a member of, sSystem- level workgroups for the Conference of General Auditors. Provides written and verbal reports on results of assignments.
- Serves as an Audit liaison to Bank committees and advisory groups. Makes judgments and evaluations regarding risk management and controls, and communicates with management on the effectiveness of controls.
Administers department matters, including items such as:
o Leadership development, succession planning, and training activities, o Strategic objectives and resource planning, o Budgeting and expense monitoring, o Quality assurance, and o Audit policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other activities as assigned by the General Auditor or the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Other Accountabilities:
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervises audit directors and the activities of the department’s administrative assistant.
- Exercises general supervision over all Bank audit activities. These primarily include internal audits, external auditor and Board staff relationships, and employee and administrative matters.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor’s degree (a Master’s degree is preferred). 10+ years of progressive corporate audit leadership experience with record of increasing responsibility and breadth of experience that encompasses the size and complexity of the function. and a minimum of 12 years of job related experience, including at least 7 years of supervisory/ management experience. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or other relevant professional certification is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Strong, leadership attributes int the following areas are required: - Building Relationships - Business Acumen - Communicating with Influence - Critical Thinking and Judgment - Embracing Change and Innovation - Governance, Risk, and Control - Audit Acumen and Delivery
- Leveraging Automated Solutions and Data Analysis - Program/Project Auditing including Audit Acumen and Delivery - Information Technology and Security - Critical thinking / making complex decisions - Risk analysis & control - Influential communication - Relationship building skills - Driving for results
- Staff development - Working through conflict
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
As part of the Central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.