PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Government Affairs - Oregon Region for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 153048
Directs, controls and is accountable for government affairs for Oregon Region. Develops long and short term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Position serves as the lead liaison between PeaceHealth and federal, state, and local government entities in assigned state(s). Position focuses on building relationships and influencing public policy that serves PeaceHealth and aligns with its mission.
1. Serves as liaison between PeaceHealth and federal, state, and local government.
2. Educates public officials about PeaceHealth's mission, participates in developing and analyzing policy, directly lobbying public officials, and working with internal stakeholders.
3. Analyzes and recommends positions to PeaceHealth leadership on various legislative and regulatory proposals and other administrative actions and emerging issues.
4. Develops, prepares, and presents advocacy materials at public policy forums, government meetings and professional associations on behalf of PeaceHealth.
5. Monitors legislative and regulatory issues and provides analysis and updates to internal stakeholders throughout PeaceHealth.
6. Develops and maintains strategic relationships with policy makers to enhance PeaceHealth's role as a partner with government entities and to assist in shaping public policy initiatives.
7. Manages contract lobbyists, ensuring alignment with PeaceHealth's mission and strategic advocacy agenda.
8. Coordinates and plans detailed logistics for meetings, engagements, and conferences with government officials and PeaceHealth leadership.
9. Prepares and reviews written testimony for presentation at meetings and hearings held by legislative committees and government agency boards.
10. Represents PeaceHealth at industry association and other coalition advocacy meetings and events.
11. Ensures compliance with applicable state and federal ethics and lobbying regulations and reporting requirements.
12. Assists fellow team members with government affairs activities in other states.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required unless otherwise stated
Bachelor's degree in Law, Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration, Communications or related field required.
Master's degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of experience in government relations and/or inside the legislative, executive, or congressional processes.
Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
Experience working with Oregon public officials preferred.
Experience working in at least 2 state legislative sessions is highly preferred.
Demonstrated experience in lobbying in a bi-partisan environment.
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory process with experience in healthcare preferred.
Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to effectively interact with government officials as well as PeaceHealth leaders, staff, and the public.
Ability to maintain discretion and integrity and deal appropriately with highly sensitive information.
Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Ability to develop and present concise information.
Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change and ambiguity.
Ability to effectively multi-task and juggle conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
Ability to travel required.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Leadership Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ DOE , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Business, Administrative, & Facilities Leadership || Full Time || SYSTEM & REG ADMIN
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.