The University of Tennessee at Martin's Office of Campus Recreation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Coordinator of Intramurals. The Coordinator of Intramurals is responsible for the overall administration of the Intramural and Club Sports program.
* Responsible for the planning, organization, and administration of the intramural and sports club program which includes recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, and evaluating students
* Responsible for the day to day management and supervision of intramural & sport club participants, supervisors, officials, scorekeepers, field crew and playing areas
* Ensure the intramural & sport club areas and programs are properly staffed
* Develop and implement detailed official's training program and evaluate officials on a weekly basis to ensure proper progression and development.
* Conduct captains meetings before league play
* Serve as point of contact for intramural staff, team captains, and participants
* Ensure proper enforcement of policy manual and event rules, including all forms, waivers & releases, score sheets, participation records, etc.
* Ensure all staff are certified and trained in emergency procedures and skills required of their position
* Identify and evaluate patron needs through verbal & written communication and resolve patron issues and concerns
* Compile monthly & annual reports on daily attendance for the intramural and sports clubs program in addition to doing equipment inventory
* Perform administrative tasks to support program delivery (i.e. student staff schedules and time sheets, intramural logs, field maintenance logs and expense reports)
* Prepare, coordinate, and distribute publicity for intramural and sports club programs
* Develop and enforce policies and procedures governing the conduct of participants and staff
* Manage billing and collection of intramural and sports club fees
* Develop, present and implement on-going staff development training programs and safety/risk management policies
* Regularly inspect program areas and equipment for possible problems or improvement
* Work in coordination with university grounds crew to ensure all areas are in proper playing condition
* Supervise facility, individuals and groups for proper eligibility, facility safety and emergency response along with evaluating and reviewing policies and procedures for supervision of groups and facilities
* Develop student learning outcomes and assist with Campus Recreation assessment on programming, education and activities
* Collects, analyzes, and reports information to be used for university-level reports or briefings; prepares reviews and edits various annual and periodic reports and proposals as well as relevant sections of various institutional, division and department publications
* Provide relative data in reference to Campus Recreation that can be used for assessment and decision making
* Serve on Division, University and Community committees as assigned
* Assist Campus Recreation with developing division wide initiatives to enhance student learning and improve the student experience
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.