Are you an exceptional teacher? Do you feel that your practical experience is undervalued in traditional academic departments? Would you enjoy the freedom to design your own courses and to pursue collaborative research that cuts across disciplines and sectors?
With the continuing success and growth in its MBA programs, Willamette University’s Atkinson Graduate School of Management is pleased to invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Financial Economics with an appointment to begin August 2018. We encourage both experienced scholars and new PhDs to apply. Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Atkinson School of Management (http://www.willamette.edu/mba) offers the MBA for Business, Government, and Not-for-Profit Management, one of only two MBA degrees in the world accredited by both the AACSB and NASPAA, the respective accrediting bodies for graduate management programs in business and public service. The school is committed to helping students achieve their intellectual and professional goals through experiential and consequential learning in an environment that is highly collaborative and collegial. The faculty is not departmentalized and values high-quality teaching and scholarship that cross traditional sector and functional boundaries. A flexible, four-course, annual teaching load is conducive to high levels of faculty achievement, both in scholarship and in the classroom. A system of strong faculty governance ensures that the faculty have ownership and a voice in determining the direction of the school and its programs.
Willamette University (http://www.willamette.edu/) is a top-ranked College of Liberal Arts with affiliated graduate professional schools. The Atkinson Graduate School of Management, fast advancing both in size and reputation, is consistently ranked as the top Oregon MBA program among Bloomberg’s Businessweek “Best Business Schools” and on Forbes magazine’s top 75 “Best Business Schools List”. Atkinson was also recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the top ten programs in the U.S. for entrepreneurship and by U.S. News & World Reports as a top program for specialization in “Public Affairs, Public Finance and Budgeting”.
The Willamette MBA is offered in several full-time formats on the Willamette University campus in Salem, Oregon and in an evening format, both in Salem and from our Portland Center in the downtown Pearl District. Situated in the heart of the Willamette Valley and Oregon Wine Country, Salem is Oregon’s capital city, boasting a mild climate and high quality of life. Our prime location affords us ready access to the Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains and a wide range of recreational opportunities. Salem’s local attractions are complemented by those of nearby urban, cultural and academic centers in Portland, Corvallis, and Eugene – all within an hour’s drive of the Willamette University’s Salem campus.
Rank: The rank for the position is open. Salary is competitive with similar AACSB accredited institutions and commensurate with experience, teaching and research record.
This position is eligible for the University’s generous benefits package. We encourage both experienced scholars and new PhDs to apply. Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience.
In order to apply for this position, you will need to create an account. As part of your online application, you will need to submit the following four documents in the "My Experience" and Resume/CV subsection (Please note: you will NOT be prompted to upload documents): ??
• Cover letter indicating your interest and addressing your fit with Atkinson.
• Current Curriculum Vitae, including names and contact information of three academic references
• Evidence of teaching excellence (i.e., recent syllabi and accompanying teaching evaluations and/or peer review reports).
• Evidence of scholarly achievement/research (i.e., copies of three most recent peer-reviewed journal publications, uploaded as one document)
• Letters of Recommendations (optional)
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until finalists are selected.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Willamette University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
• Candidates must have ABD status, with a plan to defend their dissertation by August 01, 2018, or hold a Ph.D. or DBA in finance, financial economics, or economics.
• Candidates must have experience as an instructor or teaching assistant of at least one college-level finance or financial economics course and demonstrate exceptional potential for outstanding teaching.
• Candidates must demonstrate evidence of their ability to conduct research leading to publication in top quality, peer-reviewed journals.
• Candidates must be willing to fulfill service responsibilities to their colleagues, the school, the university, and the community.
• A Ph.D. or DBA in finance, financial economics, or economics.
• Experience in teaching one/more undergraduate or graduate finance or financial economics courses as the faculty of record.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver MBA courses.
• Published articles in top quality, peer-reviewed journals.
• Significant practical experience and/or additional professional certifications, such as a CFA, along with the ability to build and maintain connections to the professional finance community.?
Willamette is a nationally renowned, highly selective private liberal arts university in Salem, Oregon. Founded in 1842, Willamette is the first university established in the western U.S. and has become a national leader in sustainability and civic engagement. Our beautiful, historic campus, located across the street from the Oregon Capitol, features a residential undergraduate College of Liberal ...Arts and professional graduate schools: the College of Law, Atkinson Graduate School of Management and the Graduate School of Education. Through small classes, close student-faculty relationships, a commitment to collaborative research and a variety of programs to meet individual student objectives, we provide an environment where teaching and learning flourish. http://www.willamette.edu/about/index.html#1