Repairs basic radiology equipment such as X-ray, Ultrasound, and CR. Troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates and installs at least one complex piece of radiology equipment with supervision as needed by an Biomedical Radiology Technician III.
1. Performs safety testing, performance testing, and preventive maintenance to meet NFPA, OSHA, and The Joint Commission compliance on medical equipment.
2. Coordinates and plans installations and follows up on equipment recalls. Performs maintenance inspections on all electronic medical equipment. Ensures all equipment state and federal guidelines.
3. Performs electronic repairs, according to manufacturers' specifications, on basic radiology equipment. Repairs equipment that does now pass annual testing.
4. Replaces defective components to ensure minimal damage to components. Performs operational checkout and safety testing of all repaired equipment.
5. Completes proper documentation for work requests.
6. Trains and mentors Biomedical Tech I's.
7. Receives mentoring and training from Biomedical Radiology Tech III's.
8. Responds immediately to emergency repairs, including after hours and weekends.
9. Communicates the nature of repair to the department supervisor as well as an estimate of the possible down-time. Informs personnel as to equipment status after completion of repairs.
Completion of a two (2) year approved Biomedical Electronics program or comparable education or military training/experience is required.
Documented completion of factory training on a variety of basic and complex pieces of imaging equipment is required.
Two (2) years of radiology equipment service including demonstrated experience and competency in the repair of basic Radiology equipment such as X-ray, Ultrasound, and Computed Radiography is required.
Organization: SCL Health Lutheran, Wheat Ridge, CO
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.