Lead the identification, research, and writing of grants that support the Center’s various operating, programmatic and capital needs and projects. Work closely with VP of Development and the CEO, as well as other lead staff, on the conceptual development and matching of potential grantors to specific needs for the purpose of developing coherent, compelling and successful grant applications. Assist in the administration of the “Clay Center Impact Grant” program.
Develop an annual strategic grant writing plan for government (local, State and Federal), corporate foundation, private foundation, and community (public) foundation funding.
Work with the VP of Development to create a standard grant application.
Work with all respective directors of individual units of the Clay Center to methodically align programs and projects to meet relevant funding needs and grant guidelines.
Work with the President & CEO on special projects, as needed.
Develop and implement a process for reporting grant activities to the Board of Directors and the community.
Maintain an annual grants seeking calendar.
Ensure timely completion and submission of all required interim and final reports for open grant awards, and when possible, provide additional reports to funders beyond those that are required.
Coordinate with various Clay Center teams to ensure the full and accurate collection of all data required to track progress of various ongoing grant funded programs.
Keep clear, up-to-date and accurate physical and electronic records of all submissions, awarded grants, reports and all other relevant documents.
Monitor budget expenditures for grant compliance, preparing and submitting requests for reimbursements and preparing required financial reports and budget adjustments for grant awards.
Serve as liaison to agencies providing grant funding.
Serve on the review committee for the Clay Center Impact Grant program.
Keep abreast of national trends across the music, science, museum, visual arts, and performing arts fields.
Perform research to identify new potential grant funding sources on the local and national levels.
Examples of previous writing/grant writing may be requested.
Experience : Three to seven years grant writing experience with proven ability to secure funding.
Computer Skill: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; experience with The Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
Other Requirements: This position will assume a leadership role in each of the major steps of securing and administering grant funding including: 1) Undertaking prospect and pre-development work 2) writing proposals, including strong budget and evaluation components and 3) maintaining relevant communications with funders through interim and final reports or other required means.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company pays 75% of the single premium & employee pays the other 25% (on a tax deferred basis).
Retirement: TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association) Company matches contributions of up to 3% of salary with a 100% vesting after two years.
Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability: Company pays 100% of all premiums; Coverage on the life insurance is equal to your salary.
Paid Time Off: After 6 months of employment, 150 hours of PTO (prorated in 1st year) and granted on Jan 1st each year.
About Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences of West Virginia
The Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences of West Virginia opened on July 12, 2003. The Center, a 240,000 square foot structure, houses performing arts, visual arts and sciences under one roof - one of the few of its kind in the country. Located in the state's capital city of Charleston, our facility is home to the Avampato Discovery Museum, the Juliet Museum of Art, the Maier Foundation Performance... Hall, the Walker Memorial Theater and the Digital Dome (a large format film and planetarium). Foremost in the Center’s mission is education - we are a non-profit organization which serves more than 50,000 school children every year through a wide variety of programs. The Center has an annual budget of $7.5 Million and a staff of 37 full time and 30+ part time employees. Benefits available: Insurance and retirement (up to 3% employer match to a 403(b) plan.