In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, research, and write letters of inquiry and proposals to solicit local and national corporate, foundation, and government prospects for programs and projects in the areas of education, science research, visitor programs, and horticulture.
- Collaborate with Chicago Botanic Garden education, community, science, visitor, and horticulture staff to develop proposals and budgets, evaluate programs, and report to donors.
- Research and identify new prospects and develop strategies to approach them.
- Implement communications and cultivation/stewardship strategies, including letters of inquiry, phone/email inquiries with program officers, donor visits, and reports to engage prospective or existing funders.
- Develop grant budgets and prepare grant expense reports.
- Assist with other aspects of fundraising as assigned by the director of foundation and government relations.
- Assist with institutional fundraising events as necessary.