Union Level: Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Campus: San Francisco Posting Number: 201301191P Full or Part Time: Part Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Position End Date: Open Date: Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Director for Continuing Dental Education, responsible for the development of new CDE programs, updating current program offerings, program outreach and oversight, managing and scheduling the division's programs.
Essential Functions: 1. Research, recruit and contract with guest speakers and program instructors, scouting various national and local dental meetings and annual conferences; initiate introduction to Contracts and Administrative Services Manager for contract distribution.
2. Manage faculty and guest speakers, and assist in the development of course objectives and curriculum.
3. Develop program proposals, budgets and implementation/delivery timelines and schedules.
4. Promote Pacifics CDE programs at various dental-related industry conferences and meetings, i.e., ADA, CDA, Hinman, Chicago Mid-Winter, etc.
5. Analyze the program needs of pertinent target audiences.
6. Monitor and evaluate instructors presentations.
7. Assist with the development, implementation and assessment of CDE programs.
8. Assist with the development and update of instructors compensation guidelines and policies.
9. Cultivate, develop and maintain organizational relationships with program sponsors and co-sponsors.
10. Assist Marketing Manager with publicity materials
11. Review, monitor, and inform CDE staff of Dental Board requirements regarding the issuance of continuing education units and provider requirements; insure CDE programs adhere to state boards requirements.
12. Maintain program registration system in online registration system.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Continuing Dental Education.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of: 1. Office methods and procedures. 2. Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. 3. Principles of program and curriculum development and management.
Ability to: 1. Analyze and develop life-long learning programs. 2. Communicate effectively and professionally (written and oral communications). 3. Work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, attention to detail and work under tight deadlines. 4. Handle multiple projects; organize and prioritize assignments in order to meet deadlines. 5. Work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
Experience: 1. Minimum of five years experience in program development and management with emphasis in cultivating and developing successful business relationships. 2. Experience developing programs for adult learners. 3. Experience working closely with health professionals, business leaders, faculty, and adult learners 4. Experience working in a university or health-related institution desirable.
Education: Bachelors degree in education or related field. Advanced degree desired.
Working Conditions: 1. Position is part-time, 20 hours per week. 2. Overnight travel to conferences, presentations and meetings throughout the year required. 3. Occasional evening or weekends can be anticipated.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience: Working in a university or health-related institution desirable.
Education: Advanced degree desired.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard and telephone. 2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending and walking. 3. Occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs should be anticipated.
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu