Reporting to the Dean of the NJCU School of Business, the Associate Dean is responsible for coordinating activities related to accreditation, assessment, program development, faculty governance, curriculum, enrollment management and management of the financial, operational and administrative affairs of the NJCU School of Business and its auxiliary enterprises. The Associate Dean enables the Dean and other senior university leaders to focus on their areas of strategic importance by sustaining the academic and administrative support systems of the NJCU School of Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities • Participates in the development and implementation of efficient academic, administrative, operational and financial procedures that that advance the mission of the NJCU School of Business.
• Maintains compliance with the accreditation criteria of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
• Provides leadership in the evaluation of reappointment and promotion of faculty.
• Provides leadership in the School in the pursuit of the development of programs and services that support student success initiatives.
• Provides leadership in fundraising activities for the School of Business
• Provides oversight of curriculum planning and management, including enrollment management, program reviews, academic catalog revisions, and management of the planning, preparation, and modification of the fall, spring, summer, and winter intersession timetable/schedule of classes.
• Assists the Dean in the preparation, justification, and allocation of departmental budgets, purchases, and funds for travel and professional development.
• Supervises and coordinates student advising activities, and serves as the Dean's designee for handling student complaints and academic grievances.
• Identifies equipment and resources needed to support classroom and lab activities.
• Assists the Dean in determining the need for full-time faculty and staff positions
• Assists with hiring, supervising, and evaluating the Chairs within the School of Business
• Works closely with the Chairs to encourage the development of new instructional strategies, programs and articulation agreements and coordinates the process to implement or revise curricula
• Performs other duties as assigned
Demonstrated experience with curricular planning and development at the department or university level Commitment to excellence in programs and services that promote student achievement and success
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: •Earned doctorate in Business, or closely related field. •Substantial professional experience in a business discipline. •A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. •Demonstrated leadership experience, with excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills •A record of publication and research that would enable appointment as an Associate or full Professor •Experience managing assessment activities and accreditation requirements •Experience with either initial accreditation or a continuous improvement review by the AACSB •Experience with student recruitment and retention •A commitment to, and evidence of, securing external support through granting, fundraising, and development •Experience developing programs/centers in areas such as international programs, supply chain management, data science and financial literacy.
Prior Applicants Are Required to Reapply for Consideration for this Position
Search will continue until the position is filled with full consideration guaranteed to applicants who submit Open Until Filled.
The New Jersey City University mission is to provide a diverse population with an excellent university education. The University is committed to the improvement of the educational, intellectual, cultural, socio-economic, and physical environment of the surrounding urban region and beyond.