Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Through timely, in depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and world economies, Morgan Stanley has earned its reputation as a leader in the field of investment research. The Asia Research Division is currently seeking a Sydney-based Equity Research Associate to support the Australian Property and REITs Research Team.
Candidates will have practical work experience in an analytical role within a research or business development team in a corporate, or have relevant sector analysis experience from an accounting, consulting, investment banking or investment management background.
- Create and maintain earnings/valuation models leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics
- Keep abreast of domestic and international news flow and identify the trends, the competitive landscape, the evolving content and services of companies related to the Australian Property sector
- Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations personnel and management of companies under coverage
- Regularly interacting with equity sales force
- Assist Lead Analyst with expanding stock coverage universe and maintenance or updates of models and databases
- Prepare and write research reports with a company or sector focus
- Handle and respond to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
- Contribute effectively in divisional projects
- Analyze macroeconomics factors & industry trends
- Assist in the design and preparation of analyst marketing strategy and materials
- A natural curiosity in how businesses operate, succeed and fail
- Ability to think laterally, creatively and problem solve
- A university degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or post-graduate Finance related study
- Ability to construct detailed financial models or some recent and relevant industry experience in the Property sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with a structured mind-set and accountability