Union Level: Department: Provost Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301203P Full or Part Time: Part Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours but requires some evening and weekend hours to accommodate travel and events; number of travel days each month will vary.This is part-time position with identified two-year funding. Continuation of position is based on availability of funds. Position End Date: Open Date: 11/21/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Director of External Relations and Professional Development, the Recruiting Specialist will assist the Recruiting and Outreach Manager with setting and achieving strategic enrollment metrics, goals, and objectives. Responsible for partnering with the Office of Professional Programs and the Office of Pharmacy Admission to research best practices for reaching targeted audience segments and cultivating relationships with faculty and staff.
This is part-time position with identified two-year funding. Continuation of position is based on availability of funds.
Essential Functions: 1. Assists the Recruiting and Outreach Manager with setting and achieving strategic enrollment metrics, goals, and objectives.
2. Assists with the implementation of robust recruitment strategies to achieve student enrollment targets, ensuring that measurable outcomes meet academic metrics and integrating best practices for recruiting and outreach success.
3. Responsible for coordinating and scheduling recruiting and outreach initiatives with faculty, preceptors, and regional alumni.
4. Represent the School at recruitment fairs and outreach events, educating and informing prospective students of the advantages of attending various degree programs.
5. Provides input and feedback on developing and implementing communication deliverables for the Schools integrated communications strategy to cultivate and steward experiential learning sites and preceptors.
6. Collaborates with the Office of Professional Programs in implementing specialized programs to acknowledge adjunct faculty and volunteer preceptors in a highly competitive pharmacy experiential education environment.
7. Works in partnership with other team members on alumni relations and engagement programs, recruiting materials, website pages, print and electronic periodicals and more.
8. Gathers information by means of interviews, database research, etc. for effective presentation in print materials, web sites, and other media.
9. Provides general information about the program application, admission, and program requirements. Remains current on new degree program offerings and changes in degree program course work requirements.
10. Communicates with prospective professional and graduate students in person, over the phone, and via email.
11. Supports the development of a pharmacy technician to pharmacist track.
12. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.
Two (2) years post high school education.
One (1) year of prior experience in the areas of admissions recruiting or counseling, and professional communications.
Bachelors degree with a business, education, sales, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or advertising, emphasis or relevant emphasis.
Three (3) years of experience in admissions recruiting, counseling, and writing in higher education; or the equivalent combination of experience, training, and education.
Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) preferred.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Demonstrated experience in recruitment, sales, customer service, advising or marketing communications related work.
Strong organizational skills for coordinating events and special group functions.
Strong writing and editing skills required, including the ability to write to different audiences and for different platforms.
Strong project management skills required to coordinate multiple projects at one time and meet desired deadlines.
Excellent oral, interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Suite Software.
Understanding of branding and positioning strategies for the institution and for specific projects.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Ability to research data, often using multiple sources, to respond to requests for others.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching. Infrequent reaching above shoulders and climbing stairs. May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment, offsite in graduate fair/tradeshow environment and at other educational institutions. Work performed during standard business hours but requires some evening and weekend hours to accommodate travel and events; number of travel days each month will vary. Ability to travel; travel is primarily, but not limited to, within the state.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Min $17.17 per hour to Mid $22.48 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu