Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
In support of the continued growth of our Funds Distribution business in EMEA, we are currently seeking to recruit a high calibre Legal Analyst to join our Legal team in London.
Indicative responsibilities will include the following:
* Reviewing distribution agreements with EMEA distributors appointed by the fund platform teams;
* Reviewing distribution agreements with Asia Pac and Americas distributors where needed, to support the Asia Pac/Americas businesses;
* Maintaining existing distribution agreements (amendments etc);
* Maintaining standard form distribution agreement templates;
* Reviewing PDOs/PDQs;
* Participating in ongoing due diligence reviews of distributors;
* Providing legal support on day-to-day distributor queries as needed;
* Dealing with ad-hoc country registration questions, and assisting with 'new' country registrations;
* Dealing with ad-hoc questions on KIIDs/PRIIPS KIDs;
* Maintaining the selling and marketing rules of the road;
* Providing legal support on the development of distribution policies and procedures.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* 5+ years' relevant experience in Distribution or Fund teams in-house, or in similar teams in Private Practice;
* The ability to prioritise and execute effectively and efficiently;
* Demonstrable working knowledge of the Asset Management industry, and the place of fund distribution within it;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail;
* The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a global team environment;
* An energetic approach, and a desire to engage with, and own, areas of responsibility.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Legal Analyst
JOB FAMILY Legal
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .