Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
VanderbiltHome Care is part of one of the countryâs most respected medical centers. Weprovide in-home care for patients with chronic conditions.
âClick here to learn more aboutthe benefits of a career with Vanderbilt Home Care.â
BringingVanderbilt Care into Your Home Since 1985
VanderbiltHome Care provides caregivers in the patient's own environment under thedirection of the patient's physician. When you or your loved one receives carefrom Vanderbilt Home Care, you are in the hands of highly skilled,compassionate individuals. We take pride in our work and feel privileged to bepart of one of the country's most respected medical centers.
OurMission and Values:
Ourmission is to provide excellence in home care with the high standards that wewould expect for our own family and loved ones. Our values include:
Support for community based home services through excellence in clinical practice and education
Patient safety and quality
Strong interdisciplinary collaboration, communication and partnership
Evidenced based practice and clinical expertise
Technology enhanced innovation
TheHome Health Quality team is a small task oriented team which consists of a qualityeducator, a quality data analyst, and quality reviewer. They work closelytogether with clinical managers to provide meaningful data on home healthpatient population and clinician best practices.
JOB SUMMARY: Develops, implements, evaluates, and revises programs of orientation, in-service training, workshops, and continuing education to meet educational and developmental needs of staff. Takes a lead role in educational initiatives to ensure quality patient care and customer satisfaction. Serves as a leader in the development, training, and monitoring of nursing practice standards. Acts as a resource and liaison to the VUMC community by serving on hospital wide committees or task forces. Represents Vanderbilt within the professional community. Performs a range of nursing, clinical, consultative, educational, and research activities within established area of expertise.
MastersDegree (or equivalent experience) in Nursing. May be hired into role if actively pursuing Masterâs Degree with aprojected completion date. (Required)
3years of RN experience (Required)
For more information regarding the physicalrequirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
Recent, relevant, Home Health experience (in the field)
OASIS C competency
Knowledgeable of clinical best practices for home health
Strong communication skills
Clinical and quality education experience
Strong organizational skills
Full time, Days
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 9629
Job Stream Description: Professional
Use a systematic process to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices.
Establishes collegial partnerships contributing to the professional development of peers, students, colleagues and others.
Integrates evidence-based practices into educational initiatives and activities.
Maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing and professional development practice.
Evaluates his/her own practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to assess education and professional development needs in practical applications. Utilizes performance improvement data, course evaluations, and needs assessments to determine educational goals and priorities. Analyzes data and forecasts trends affecting educational needs. Differentiates educational needs from system issues. Communicates feedback related to staff performance and development/progress to appropriate department leadership.
PLANNING - (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to task demands. Achieves results within budget. Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Uses available time efficiently. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
TEAM EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to independently deliver healthcare team education services. Promotes critical thinking and problem solving. Able to train and educate by example, technical instruction, and leadership.
NURSE EDUCATION TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to develop, deliver, and lead a program in its entirety. Gives clear, concise instructions. Demonstrates the ability to deal with adversity and disruption.
EVALUATION (NOVICE):- Evaluates programs and educational initiatives in terms of impact on learner, patient, and organization. Monitors validity and reliability of evaluation tools. Uses program evaluations and other metrics to guide the restructuring and planning for future programs and learning opportunities. Follows up with executive and administrative leaders to determine if business and/or operational goals are met.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.