Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to athletes (male and females) participating in Miami University Intercollegiate Athletic program. Supervision of student athletic trainers in clinical and educational setting and possibly teaching courses in the athletic training curriculum. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, travel with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contest.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Reports to: Director of Sports Medicine / Head Team Physician
1. Supervise the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations and health appraisals.
2. Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of the Director or Sports Medicine and Team Physician
3. Provide medical coverage for practices and contests as designated.
4. Supervise the medical coverage of teams as designated
5. Provide medical coverage for home practices and contests as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine
6. Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Director of Sports Medicine and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physician, athletes, coaches, and the Director of Sports Medicine
7. Communicate and coordinate, with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies.
8. Assist in recruiting of prospective student trainers.
9. Assist in supervision of athletic training students in educational and clinical settings.
10. Maintain certification in the National Athletic Trainers' Association
11. Maintain State of Ohio Licensure as an athletic trainer
12. Assure that all appropriate NCAA rules and regulations are followed as they apply to the sports medicine program
13. Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
14. Participate in activities as requested by the Miami Red and White Club.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic administration
• Certification by the National Trainers Association, meet qualifications to be licensed as an athletic trainer in the State of Ohio.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Successful experience as an undergraduate student athletic trainer
OEEO Statement:The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy,race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
“Miami University, a student-centered public university founded in 1809, has built its success through an unwavering commitment to liberal arts undergraduate education, with complementary quality graduate programs, and the active engagement of its students in both curricular and co-curricular life. With a student body of 16,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs w...ith faculty who love to teach and the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions. Faculty and staff are highly valued for their contributions toward the Miami experience. Employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and stable work environment as they work to support the university’s educational mission.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles northwest of Cincinnati, with regional campuses located in Hamilton and Middletown, Ohio, and a center in Luxembourg. Known as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, Miami, the nation's tenth oldest public university, is recognized for its striking red brick Georgian-style architecture and tree-shaded lawns. Take a Virtual Tour from our website.”