GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB: Assists in the direction and administration of the hospital's financial operation. Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all financial data and provides reports required by senior management, regulating entities and rating agencies. Responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to determine the profitability of capital expenditures and performance against budget.
· Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures required to safeguard system assets.
· Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective and efficient payroll, credit and collection, internal control and management information systems procedures and policies within the organization.
· Oversees timely filing of all accounting and financial reports for management, Board of Directors and regulatory bodies. Prepares reports for routine publication.
· Assists and directs the development of profit forecast data. Provides critical evaluation of forecasted performance to management for assessment and action.
· Oversees and reviews al financial statements to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of the financial condition of various entities.
· Responsible for accounting and control of all capital assets, materials management and accounts payable processes.
· Constantly seeks methods to increase and improve the participation with all departments, corporate, divisional and affiliate, in the use of accounting/financial information for planning and problem-solving purposes within these users respective responsibilities.
MINIMUM Education: · Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE: · Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in the field of Accounting. Healthcare industry experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Comprehensive knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) rules, regulations and interpretations.
Comprehensive knowledge of funding policies and conditions of federal, state and local funding sources.
Considerable knowledge of budget preparation and administration. Knowledge of data processing and its application to accounting, management information systems and development of statistical, cost and evaluation data and procedures.
Considerable knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax laws.
Track record of developing, implementing, administering and monitoring administrative policies and procedures.
Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide arrange of constituencies in a diverse working environment.
Excellent written communication skills
Computer literacy and experience working with Meditech or Kronos/API is preferred.
Proficiency in using MS Office applications software.
Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital is a freestanding, not-for-profit, 102-licensed bed facility onChicago’s West and Southwest Side that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs foradults and children. Schwab is a proud member of Sinai Health System and the first fully licensed andaccredited rehabilitation hospital in the Midwest.Our therapists see patients through the entire continuum o...f care, from acute inpatient admissions atMount Sinai Hospital, to inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services at Schwab. We alsohave a hospital-based rehabilitation-focused short-term sub-acute unit at Schwab that provides boththerapy and nursing services with exceptional outcomes.Our rehabilitation team takes a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to address the physical, cognitiveand psychosocial needs of each patient. Each patient is assessed and provided with a personalized careplan tailored to help achieve maximal independence and function. Schwab offers seven treatmentgyms featuring private treatment rooms, a warm-water indoor therapy pool, and an award-winningtherapeutic roof top garden.