The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Marketing and Promotions.
This position is responsible for assisting in the creation and coordination of marketing plans and promotions for all of North Texas' intercollegiate athletic programs to enhance the game day experience, stimulate increased attendance, ticket sales, and foster student and community involvement. This position's primary focus will be on Olympic sports with an additional emphasis on Football and Basketball game day.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assists in design and implementation of effective marketing campaigns to increase revenue and enhance exposure for the department.
* Assists with the creation of a fan-centric game day atmosphere and establishment of new promotions, events, and traditions to increase the branding, marketing, and fan experience of all athletics constituents.
* Develops marketing strategy to leverage non-traditional communication channels, including social media, email, and digital advertising as well as traditional and grassroots efforts.
* Coordinates efforts with marketing and communication staff for creation of graphics, digital imaging and creative videos for athletic department and teams.
* Meet with coaches and sport program administrators to review and brainstorm marketing/outreach plans.
* Assist with targeted marketing campaigns and efforts associated with bowl games, hosting tournaments, conference championships, and NCAA events.
* Develops comprehensive marketing plans for sports as assigned.
* Assists with ticket sales and outreach; promotes tickets sales for all revenue-generating sports.
* Supports campus student ticket platform and coordinates Junior/Student Mean Green Club programs.
* Assists in all aspects of game day across multiple sports and events including in-game sponsor fulfilment.
* Works collaboratively with key University student groups (ie: Greek Life, Housing, and Student Government) to maintain and foster athletics attendance and support.
* Coordinates and manages special athletics events to engage and expand outreach efforts.
* Assists with oversight of athletic marketing interns.
* Provides assistance in managing and coordinating the department's social media efforts.
* Executes additional tasks and responsibilities as directed by the VP/Director of Athletics, Executive Team, and/or Associate AD for Marketing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in in related field and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The University of North Texas System is a publicly funded institution with five locations in one of the nation’s 10 largest metro areas. Almost 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers are employed in the cities of Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth.
Many employees are recognized scholars and teachers whose work supports student success, creates healthier communities and serves the needs of the Nor...th Texas region and beyond. Many are skilled staff whose contributions are in administration, maintenance and construction, food service, computer technology, and finance and accounting, among others.